Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marty Friedman signiature model.

Options
  • 03-06-2006 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Hmm...

I've been waiting quite a while for a Marty Friedman signiature Ibanez to be announced, wondering what the specs are going to be. Can't say I'm impressed really, and those inlays are pure ****ing gank. The Prestige SZ looks far, far nicer tbh.

Odd though being a signiature model, the MFM1 is a lot cheaper than the Prestige SZ. Still, given the choice I know what I'd be going for. I suppose seeing as Marty has played the SZ, I can just pretend that's his sig:

marty1.jpg

I think in my mind at least, a Jackson Kelly is the Marty Friedman signiature:

mrtyfrdmn_pic.jpg

I hope the Jeff Loomis sig won't dissapoint as much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, personally, Friedman will always be associated with the Kelly in my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, personally, Friedman will always be associated with the Kelly in my mind.

So what do you think, should I buy the Jackson Kelly or the Ibanez SZ Prestige next? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Get that Jackson, deffinitely

GStormcrow wrote:
    Get that Jackson, deffinitely

Need to get moneys first. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

this is an mfm1 innit...i really like itMFM1_BBL_1A_01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I was hoping they'd release the single cut version. And use a different bridge.

feylya wrote:
    I was hoping they'd release the single cut version. And use a different bridge.

Singlecut version? Got any pics? And what bridge would you suggest?

I have one somewhere I think. I'll have a look. And a TonePros would be perfect.

feylya wrote:
    I have one somewhere I think. I'll have a look. And a TonePros would be perfect.

Alright, thanks. Yeah, TonePros make some good stuff, but I'd like to see what those Ibanez Gibralter bridges are like, seeing as the Edge Trems are easily some of the best in the world.

The Gibralter is horrible imo. Really uncomfortable if you're used to floyds.

• Advertisement

feylya wrote:
    The Gibralter is horrible imo. Really uncomfortable if you're used to floyds.

Oh I can go either way, floyd or loads of other fixed bridges. Still, I think when I'm in Dublin for Opeth, I'd like to give that Prestige SZ a whirl. It's giving me GAS at the moment.

The Prestige has a different bridge. I don't think it's stocked in Dublin.

feylya wrote:
    The Prestige has a different bridge. I don't think it's stocked in Dublin.

Ah ok. I'll be having a look around then anyway, so even if they don't have it, I'm sure I'll be playing something or other. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That signature model is fairly gank. I'm with you on the Prestige KH, very tasty looking.

Indeed, it's definetly giving me gas. Looks like the Friedman sig is only available in Japan now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Why would marty go from the sexy looking kelly to that pile o gunk, Sherrif star inlays i mean what the hell whas he smoking when he thought about that.

Sushi? :p

Sushi? :p

Mmm... Smoked Sushi. :o

Mmm... Smoked Sushi. :o

Bah, now I'm hungry...

Advertisement