Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Junior syllabus while on leave

Options
  • 11-01-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there, I am an English teacher, but currently on leave and will be for the rest of the year (school year). Does anyone out there know how I can ensure that I get on the English in-service courses for the new Junior Cert so that I'm not playing catch up when I go back to school.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Your school gets details so you can still sign up but are effectively going on your own time. Alternatively, they usually have a catch up session for people who missed the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mad Martina

The forms arrived this week and all English teachers were listed on it with assigned dates. One of our English teachers who is on career break was included. Contact your principal and he/she can give you your date. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Imagine this will be similar to Project Maths inservices. As others said your school will get the dates and you can go while on leave and I imagine they will have to offer mop up sessions for those who will miss the inservices. The only problem is the mop up sessions tend to be only a choice of one! So you might be better going while on leave as there are a choice of dates if your dept are happy to give you first preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Am I right in saying there is only one inservice anyway? They seem to be starting next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

theLuggage wrote: »
    I imagine they will have to offer mop up sessions

you're right, we'll be cleaning this mess up for years. :)

seriously though, the whole thing is a nightmare. Trying to plan our timetable for next year at the minute, no guidance, no info, nothing.

i can only imagine how riveting the in-service will be if the one i was at is anything to go by.

• Advertisement
Advertisement