Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any school paying extra curricular through your business?

• 07-01-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am a secondary school teacher and was looking to set up as a sole trader to get pair for extra work I do outside of normal teaching. I do grinds/supervised study and coaching both in and out of school. I wanted to set up a business to get paid for extra work and want to talk to the principal about getting paid as a business rather than an employee for extra curricular work and coaching work (which is all privately paid). Just wondering does anyone else get paid this way or do you know of a school that pays that way, or any reasons they shouldn't? It would reduce their PRSI, so saving them money?

Thanks for any response

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

You get paid for extra curricular in your school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

You'd probably be better off talking to an accountant and maybe get them to do your returns for the first year at least (their own fees could be tax deductible too I'd imagine!).

Advertisement