Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super MNC

Options
  • 26-04-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭

http://store.steampowered.com/app/104700/

This went live last week as a Free to Play model game. You can unlock additional classes with in-game points or with real currency but actual game boosts (like +2% Run speed, etc) can only be got through points. There are probably 16 classes in all now, up from 5.

If you remember Monday Night Combat this will look familiar, but the major changes include much larger-feeling, richer looking maps, seriously buffed-up bots, and Lane Turrets which can't be rebuilt or constructed - they start up preconstructed and when theyre gone they're gone. Maps also have a 'sub level' that goes off the normal flow of the map if you like shortcuts or activating the Annihilator or want to take your shot at Chickey Cantor for cash and prizes, the only problem is it's the Jungle, where you will find a lot of bots that come out of nowhere and try to kill you.

The changes have made the game a little more fun to play, in that theres no more roflstomping where one team charges into the bases 2 mins into the game and wins it. Plus the Pros start of with relatively low damage output meaning it's hard to just run in and kill someone right from the start or just massacre swaths of bots.

Obviously I'm addicted to class based multiplayer, but this one is pretty well polished, for somethig thats Free. Paid $2 to get early access to the Tank class again, thats about it. I love that guy. Also important to note is your Match XP differs from your Career XP: Career XP determines what endorsements you can carry (A max level endorsement is eg. +2% Reload -0.5% clip size) while Match XP determines what in-match upgrades you have so everyone starts the match on a fairly even footing. At the end of every match you have a roll chance to win a prize like a reusable Product (eg. +200% speed when you respawn for 10 sec, 2min cooldown) or Endorsement, so I havent found ragequitting to be an issue. Besides I've seen plenty of "lost" games get completely turned around thanks to all the work theyve done on balancing the bots.

Advertisement