Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moddin guitars?

Options
  • 05-06-2006 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

I was thinkin of putin a pedal or two into my guitar but i've only found international luitiers to do that! Does anyone know of a good/mad luitier/tech head that would do it? Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

John2 wrote:
    Eh?

Agreed...

Eh? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Manson guitars. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I just went to Manson guitars but couldn't find much in the way of information on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Manson do Matt Bellamy's guitars with midistrips for whammy control, Fuzz Factorys, wah probe theremin, phase 90's etc. Unless you flaunt a serious wad of cash, i hear Hugh Manson is a right knob.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

:D
    Manson do Matt Bellamy's guitars with midistrips for whammy control, Fuzz Factorys, wah probe theremin, phase 90's etc. Unless you flaunt a serious wad of cash, i hear Hugh Manson is a right knob.

Yeah i heard that to, and the prices hes askin for installation of a fernandes sustainer single coil £350 sterling!! Eh.... no chance, pure rip off!! Lets get eddie Hobbs on the case!!! :D

SO i geuss i'll just get a body from warmoth in the US with the routing done and get it painted there to my spec. And then atempt to wire the pickups.

I'd recomend http://www.warmoth.com good company but the only ting is they dont take paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

lets start with the basics what pedal/s and what body type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Tenner bets you'll fry yourself upon plucking your first chord.
    Wiring scares the bejeesus outta me..

fish-head wrote:
    Tenner bets you'll fry yourself upon plucking your first chord.
    Wiring scares the bejeesus outta me..

Well if you ground what ever your doing then theres a very good chance you won't get shocked.

Punchdrunk, i'm thinkin of a standard tele/72 tele (the one with double humbuckers), for pedals the mxr phase 90 is really small and has only one knob (speed) and its got that classic Van halen thick ''whoosh'' sound so thats on the list. Im open on other pedals and ideas. I was thinkin of routing out a bit extra on the control section and putin stuff in there, but I'd like enough solid wood for sustain/tone.

well i'd say go with the 72 custom,more room under the pickguard for routes and it'll hide all the evidence the standard tele layout is a bit too tight
    i'm currently build a 72 style warmoth guitar with a jazzmaster neck pickup and a pharoah amps custom built class A boost onboard,basically it's wired with just the top volume and tone pots for the guitar just like a standard tele,the two lower pots control the volume and gain of the boost activated by a mini toggle switch

also converting a squier tele into a custom with a sustainer

• Advertisement

Yeah the sustainer pickups are well handy, i've got an e-bow but its only one string at a time and you loose your rythm hand so its not great live. Punchdrunk just two questions about warmoth, Did you do sketches/CAD drawing of what you wanted? And with all the extras like jazzmaster pickups did that class the guitar as a custom guitar(cause its alot more expensive) or did they just charge extra for extra routing and so on?

i got a standard warth alder tele custom body,and a pickguard with no neck pickup cut out yet .
    the jazzmaster/tele custom pickup are roughly the same size so not much routing to be done and like i said all damage with be hidden by the guard,the pedal's guts are pretty small so the control cavity is big enough...

ron here is going to rout for a battery compartment on the back,add strat contours to the body,and finish it in white blonde for me http://www.ron2e.co.uk/

here's a link...

neck is coming from usacg cause i think they're a better outfit

Advertisement