Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap "Gibsons" on ebay??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

this item has a long history,it still radiates with a vast enchantent and historic and has a archaic vogue,Do not miss the chance to get it, you will find you really make a wise choice!at last,thank you for looking our item,and bid it confidence!!

Ha! Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

This is the wrong forum but I might as well reply...

That's what's technically known as a scam. It's not a Gibson. If you buy one you'll pay about £200 on shipping and you'll never see the guitar. His feedback is quite dodgy too.

Stay away. Very far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

yeah a mate once blindly bought a guitar off ebay. he paid 650 euro through western union, not even paypal, and never saw a guitar. that was his xmas bonus down the drain

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭noeleenred

This seller accepts paypal, don't paypal have a system where they will refund your money if theres something wrong/or you dont get your purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Paypal will usually refund upto €500. The guitar is clearly a fake though and really not worth what you'll pay for it if you get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

This'll be in instruments soon, so I 'll say it anyway. Don't buy ****ing anything from a Chinese ebay account. End of story.

There are huge amounts of fakes being sold this way, especially pieces of **** masquerading as two grand custom guitars and Jems and the like.

Check this out.

Edit -> Also, regarding the Les Paul in the link. Look at the headstock. That's not a Gibson headstock by a long way. I would imagine there are plenty out there that are closer to the real thing. Also, look how close the high E is to the edge of the fretboard and how far in the low E is. Piece of ****. Not worth burning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also Gibson don't write Gibson on the truss rod covers, afaik they'll stick the model of the guitar eg, classic,standard,studio etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Dont be fooled, A lot of em may look like real gibsons but they arent, Look closely and you will notice little differences between the real one and the chineese knockoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Here's some fine value in a Fender Stratocaster from China. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

"Welcome to my ebay,now you can see a beautiful and wonderful artware,the item is very value.look at its figure,it is nobler and enthralling,it will give you the elegance and made you exalted.
    what magnetic item,please don't miss it,it will be a good present for you or for your friend,also it will give you more fortune and good luck."

Hahaha oh Dim Sum Ping, you crack me up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

lol seriously though anyone who is stupid enough to think that is a ral gibson needs their eyes tested. it looks so bad compared to the eral ones. the headstock is all wrong an dit just looks really dodgy in general! there are loads of these on ebay now days. the shippin on em is how they make the money. 190+ for shippin is crazy

AFAIK the idea with the very high shipping cost and the low cost of the actual "guitar" is that shipping is non-refundable. So that in the event that they actually do even bother to send you some POS guitar-like-object and you demand a refund then they refund you the £5 you paid for the guitar but keep the £190 they charged you for shipping.
    Very clever these Chinese ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

O man only seen that "STAT" now, Jesus Thats the nicest looking star ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

lol
    this item has a long history,it still radiates with a vast enchantent and historic and has a archaic vogue,Do not miss the chance to get it, you will find you really make a wise choice!at last,thank you for looking our item,and bid it confidence!!
    Looks like google translate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

On the topmost URL

"Q: Is this guitar made in China? Thank you. Charlie
    A: Yes,The guitar made in China with the skill of American."

Ha ha did you see the "PRS"? POS for sure, but PRS? :eek:

But Doc, it says PRS in big writing right on it ?! :D

I think "4.99 for the guitar, 175 for shipping" is all you need to know.

That chunk of garbage isn't even worth 4.99 in rubels :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

If I was ever in China though I'd bring a container of them back. @ that price they'd be great fun to smash on stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Yeah, I saw that offer on E BAY alright. Chances are if you see a deal like that for a Gibson Les Paul (£5.00) that seems to good to be true, then it probably is. I am only guessing but I reckon he is probably charging WAY over the odds for the shippings costs. Also, if you look at some of his guitars the Gibson logo is wrong and the headstock on some of the guitars is way off as well. The guys feedback is also very dodgy. AVOID THIS GUY AT ALL COSTS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Boarder Man

Read this thread: http://www.bossgtcentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9775

Seems at least someone has had a good experience with this sort of thing but I'd rather have an honest fake myself.

Advertisement