Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Uncharted forum? You Decide.

Options
  • 29-06-2011 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads/Ladies.

A few of us gamers have asked for a new Uncharted forum over on the forum request's, with the new Beta coming out last night, an Uncharted 3 voted the most anticipated game of the year at E3, we think it might be about time that we got a forum going for it here on boards.

If ya would like to see the forum here on boards, please go to this link on the forum requests an something simple as +1 in a reply or write an essay if ya like, telling everyone how much ya love the game or whatever.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056313101

Thanks guys.

Craig.

I got permission from MR.E before posting. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

um, no?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Why do we need a forum for a bi-annual game? You'd have six months of busy chatter pre-release, a month or two of activity post release, and then boom - dead.

The whole games forum was drastically reshuffled to cut down on the unnecessary amount of subforums. If we go back to the old habits of creating a forum for every currently 'hot' game we're back where we started.

So, in short, no. Because there's no need for a whole forum when a thread or two will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Also no.
    There is like 1 thread in the Games forum about Uncharted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

As I said in the forum suggestion threat, it's not a big enough game to warrant a forum dedicated to it. A thread or even two - one for single player, one of multi - in either the games or Playstation forum would be enough.

The Games forum is only recently getting back to what it was before all the fragmentation of forums and doesn't need to go down that road again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Indeed: here is as good a point as any to point out what a success the refocus on the main games forum has been.

The place is tidier, the community is stronger, interesting voices aren't being drowned out in multiple scattered threads.

Again, going down the root of forums for specific titles is a step in the wrong direction. Multiplayer games with extremely active communities - like MMORPGs, and CoD (which is very much an exception in terms of popularity) - are the only ones that warrant a whole forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

would be a waste of a forum imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

it'll never be accepted, especially seeing as other series like fallout and deadspace can't get a forum. I doubt it'd be that active anyway tbh :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Uncharted is my favourite game series of this generation, but I still don't think a forum of its own is necessary.

Besides talking about the hottest female character [its the new villain obviously], there won't be enough discussion generated by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Four games do not a forum make.

So a no from me. There's a trend forming here...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I vote yes.

It's a bad idea...I just to be different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Doesn't merit its own forum at all. They're fantastic games but i just don't see how it would generate enough conversation to deserve a dedicated forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I agree with Pablo, while its quite possibly my favourite Ps3 game I just don't think it has enough interest to warrant its own forum, and the movie is cancelled now aswell....

Agree with majority of people, no need to be made into a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

A mega thread should suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,856 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

even the half life forum is a waste of space. many of the subforums are a waste of space.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Overheal wrote: »
    even the half life forum is a waste of space. many of the subforums are a waste of space.

The Half Life forum has a valid reason for existing...and that's to give me hope for EP3/HL3 news everytime there's a new thread, and then promptly take that hope away with something to do with hats :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Didn't even realise Forum Requests was open again until now

All the individual forums for game franchises are wastes of space. This would be no exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

We should have one great big forum for where all games can be discussed and just call it the "games" Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I think the whole idea of an "Uncharted" forum is to have it like a community/clan, like the CoD forum is... Most of the people over on the CoD forum play together and its become more like a clan (Or 2, with the xbox guys being the other). You simply won't get that with a single thread on an already packed forum.. A single MP thread in the games forum will die pretty quickly... even if it was a game like CoD.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No thanks, we've enough dead forums. The PS forum is there for organising clans and multiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No thanks, we've enough dead forums. The PS forum is there for organising clans and multiplayer.

129173781420498650.jpg

Im not really debating for or against an uncharted forum... just the reasoning behind wanting a seprate forum.. to discuss MP related issues (Game balancing/gameplay vids/mappacks etc).You really haven't a clue about multiplayer and such so i'd leave it up to those that actually do or at least keep an open mind.

And if you have enough dead forums why not delete the ones that are dead and put up ones with large player bases... support the games that people are playing.. games come and go... im sure the forums you consider dead were once buzzing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've got no real say in what forums get created and what don't and can't delete or add forums, it's up the the admins. The only reason a game really needs it's own forum is if the series has a massive online following, such as WoW, starcraft or CoD. Who knows, maybe Uncharted will build up that following but at the moment all we have is uncharted 2 multiplayer which is no where near popular enough to warrant it's own forum and a Beta of uncharted 3 on the way. There's no reason there for a new forum to be made. Look how active the Warhawk forum is.

If a game is good enough, the megathread will be kept afloat. If a game gets so popular that there's three, four or five busy main threads on the main games forum at any one time then I'd be certain there's an argument for a dedicated forum.

I love Uncharted and all, but tbh it's kind of like having an Indiana Jones subforum in films.

I've got no real say in what forums get created and what don't and can't delete or add forums, it's up the the admins. The only reason a game really needs it's own forum is if the series has a massive online following, such as WoW, starcraft or CoD. Who knows, maybe Uncharted will build up that following but at the moment all we have is uncharted 2 multiplayer which is no where near popular enough to warrant it's own forum and a Beta of uncharted 3 on the way. There's no reason there for a new forum to be made. Look how active the Warhawk forum is.

Warhawk really isn't in the same league as uncharted in fairness... you are probably right in that atm there probably isn't enough of a following on boards to warrant it... atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If a game is good enough, the megathread will be kept afloat. If a game gets so popular that there's three, four or five busy main threads on the main games forum at any one time then I'd be certain there's an argument for a dedicated forum.

I love Uncharted and all, but tbh it's kind of like having an Indiana Jones subforum in films.

This
    How many people are still playing uncharted 2 multiplayer compared to people still playing CoD black ops?
    Its not worth it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I heartily endorse this, get on it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I had +1'ed the idea of an Uncharted forum on the requests thread but thinking about it, it actually doesnt need one, one megathread is plenty, or two, one for SP one for MP, and leave it at that. If it gets as big as something like COD or Battlefield (which it may) then it'd be a good idea but until then its grand as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

where I can honestly agree with some of what you guys are saying, I just put forward the idea of asking for a new forum for the game, I didn't want to start a lot of hostility of this is good or this is bad, really lads, its up to all of us, I was putting it forward cause I, an alot of others think it is a great idea to have a forum, considering, under shooter we have from what I have looked at, 2 out of 9 forums that are really worth keeping, cause they get posts, an the only one that gets posts everyday out of all them is call of duty. battlefield falls well behind.

to consider where we are now, is you guys want to keep the games where it is, from the last count I had was 30 something for an I think 7 or 8 against.

If we do or dont get one, all I want to say here is, we can stop the crap, we are gamers, want it, dont want it, no need to be gettin into moods over who wants it an who doesnt, it was just a lil request, if ya look on the forum requests page, on the first page, there is 2 approved an the rest rejected, its just an idea lads, we will be lucky if we get it.

sorry for the long speech but I had to get it out..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

That post confuses me. You started a thread about whether to have an Uncharted forum or not, and you got people either agreeing or disagreeing. What exactly were you expecting? :confused:

Advertisement