Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belturbet

Options
  • 21-11-2013 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi we are looking at coming to Cavan for six to twelve months to visit family and do some travelling.

We are looking at the Belturbet area - can anyone tell me if its good for families? We have five children aged 2 to 12 - are there any activities near by (I don't mind driving 20 mins) they are into dancing, gymnastics, swimming, singing and girl guides

The children will also need to go to school - any good ones in that area?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Houses cheap to rent/but in Belturbet. At last census about 30% were empty. Good secondary school in town, also several National schools. Sporting clubs in town, lots of possibilities for water based sports. Cavan town about 10 minutes drive away for cinemas, more sports etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 culchie farmer

I used to liv in Belturbet. I was a blow-in, not from the area/County/or Province. I must say the people there were lovely and very friendly. I think the further west you go in Cavan the nicer the people are.
    Unfortunately the economic downturn has affected Belturbet. Alot of shops/houses on main street are empty. The N3 Bypass of Belturbet opened last Friday (13/12/2013) Although this allows for improved travel time, I fear it will destroy the heart of the town.
    Anyhow, Schools are good, and in good weather, the river and boating/fishing activities are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ChelleM

Hi thanks to both of you for your help - the schools do look good and have been told we can have a place for the younger ones at Milltown Ns and St Bricins for my elder

Also looks like we won't be too far from Cavan town for shops etc?

Advertisement