Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

First post in this forum to show off my new gear

Stupid work blocking the pics :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Hoping to check out the gear today. Are the logos and crest sewn on or printed? Thanks...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
    #bitter about not being there but watching #rodgers on S.S.N. he is very impressive with his softly spoken #scotch accent. #lfc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

He really comes across really well and very impressive .

Please LFC fans lets give him time .

He wasn't my first choice but like ever other manger I will get behind and support cause that's what we do.

Put next season down as a time to rebuild and put his own stamp on things, so don't be setting your sights too high .

Brendan Rodgers welcome to LFC .

Y..N.W.A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Tusky wrote: »
    In other news, the season just gone was really a missed opportunity. Fourth is gonna be harder than ever next season.

Torres
    Hulk - Mata - Hazard
    --Ramires - Lampard

Reserves:

Lukaku
    Kalou - Marin - Sturridge
    ----Meireles - Mikel

Not really....since even 4th wouldnt have been good enough this season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Welcome aboard Brendan/Buck/Brodge/Roge

No lets all get behind him and get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Leiva wrote: »
    He really comes across really well and very impressive .

Please LFC fans lets give him time .

He wasn't my first choice but like ever other manger I will get behind and support cause that's what we do.

Put next season down as a time to rebuild and put his own stamp on things, so don't be setting your sights too high .

Brendan Rodgers welcome to LFC .

Y..N.W.A

I'll get behind him and give him time...in time. Plenty of time to keep the critical thinking caps firmly attached to the skulls before we are in action again.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

jasonb wrote: »
    Hoping to check out the gear today. Are the logos and crest sewn on or printed? Thanks...

J.

Yeh the logo and crest are embroidered. Feels really nice on. Great quality. Got a free t-shirt from LFC.tv too that is similar to jersey but printed instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think he f*cked up on his dig.....shouldn't bite but you gotta laugh at a United supporter criticizing other managers approach to the media.

Who Des?

He's a Shels fan I think, not united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

amiable wrote: »
    Conversations taking place with Txiki Beguristain according to @GuillemBalague and @duncanjenkinsFC
    Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Txiki Beguiristain has not been approached by LFC. But I am pretty sure he has other offers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Atleast we know BR likes to play attacking football.
    I was at Anfield in November to see Swansea play us off the park for the majority of that game.
    To me they were one of the most entertaining teams to watch this season.
    Whether BR can replicate that with the current squad or not is anyone`s guess.
    Speaking of our current squad, im reading post after post on here from people slating the squad and coming to the conclusion that the new-ish players are garbage after a single season.
    If anything people should have learned from Lucas,judging him far too early.
    Take Downing and Carroll for example,you just dont turn into a bad player overnight.
    Players take time to adjust,im just so surprised that people on here who fancy themselves as knowledgeable about the game dont realise this.
    The last 2 months of the season Carroll was outstanding imho.
    I honestly think Henderson has a lot of attributes to make a really top player given time.
    The current squad is nowhere near as poor as people suggest.
    Its time to be a little positive lads,I for one will get right behind BR like every manager the club has ever had but for some reason im more optimistic than i was with Roy or Kenny.
    BR is very young yes,but he has learned from the best and plays attacking football.
    Will that bring success? Time will tell ofcourse.

YNWA!

Yeh the logo and crest are embroidered. Feels really nice on. Great quality. Got a free t-shirt from LFC.tv too that is similar to jersey but printed instead.

Cool... thanks! Looking at your pics, the Standard Chartered logo looks very close to the Crest / Warrior Logo, but I'll have to see it in person really. I know there's been some controversy about the changing of the crest and moving the Flames to the back, but I hadn't realised that they now have '96' on the back too. I think that's an excellent touch...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

jasonb wrote: »

J.

Crest and Warrior logo look sewn and the sponsor printed from the pics posted. Still not liking the gold and white combo.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'll get behind him and give him time...in time. Plenty of time to keep the critical thinking caps firmly attached to the skulls before we are in action again.

Lloyd we have been kinda brothers in arms over the past couple of days and you know how I feel about all of this . But lets get behind this guy and see how it pans out .

The owners have made a massive call and everything firmly sits in their lap. Yes I don't buy the statement about the Technical group and if we don't see an addition of a DOF (dressed up in "advisor" clothes) then Ian Ayre can go fúck right off.

If we have a dismal league campaign and fans vote with their feet, and revenues are put under pressure, then it will be interesting to see what happens then and what card the owners play, but personally I hope that doesn't occur, good or bad results .

If we want stability and long term success then Rodgers needs to be giving at least two seasons to do things his way, so as I said , I am not going to judge next season too harshly .

I wont be a "told you so" type and much rather have someone ramming my rants down my throat when we are successful under Rodgers .

Only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

How excited are you about some of the players you will be working with here?

I'm really looking forward to it. I spoke to Steven Gerrard last night. That was fantastic, I had a nice chat with him. I have always worked well with people. To me, it's doesn't matter whether they're big stars or not, the club's success is the most important and every player I work with will have to be a part of the team. There are some wonderful talents. If you look at the likes of Steven; Jamie Carragher has been a wonderful player for this football club; you've got Pepe Reina, who's a top, world-class goalkeeper, and many other talents within the group. I always have a close relationship with players. I speak very openly and honestly with them so they know where they stand. I like to educate players. You train dogs, I like to educate players both on and off the field.

Sounds like Gerrard will have to toe the line! For what it is worth I am very impressed with this first interview. Not only saying all the right things but his footballing philosophy is so clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Crest and Warrior logo look sewn and the sponsor printed from the pics posted. Still not liking the gold and white combo.

Yeah, I was thinking the Standard Chartered looks printed. The Gold and White doesn't bother me as I never get a number or name on the back...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I missed it, if anyone has any links to youtube or whatever please post em up, thanks.

@MostarLFC: John Henry "We do not expect miracles overnight nor should anyone else" #LFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC

txiki's surname is impossible to pronounce isnt it so lets all call him hammerstein instead. rodgers & hammerstein #culturebanter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

jenno86 wrote: »

What a conman is more like it. Wonder if many on here ever got stung by paying money to be members of his website.

Never ceases to amaze me how so many people each year get stung despite the guy's activities being well known.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Who Des?

He's a Shels fan I think, not united.

He's both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Kess73 wrote: »
    What a conman is more like it. Wonder if many on here ever got stung by paying money to be members of his website.

I nearly bought in when he was trying to fund-raise to keep it private, before he sold up. A long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

Kess73 wrote: »

Never ceases to amaze me how so many people each year get stung despite the guy's activities being well known.

ive been following his videos a while now, can you tell me why he is so hated? i dont pay for his site obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Leiva wrote: »

Kenny thinks otherwise. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭RayCon

Is it just me or ......

rsharktale.jpgtumblr_m4ujbvvLfd1qdr5g8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hate that slobbering pig faced goon from Koptalk. I don't even hold him being a scam artist against his as much as I do the way he goes on. Aren't con men supposed to be charming? Chap's a sweaty mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    ive been following his videos a while now, can you tell me why he is so hated? i dont pay for his site obviously

A lot of history, his site was the place to be for Pool fans online in the late 90s, then he turned it into a cash-cow and became unbearable. Posting pictures of his new Merc not long after doing a pledge drive to keep the site up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Grayditch wrote: »
    I hate that slobbering pig faced goon from Koptalk. I don't even hold him being a scam artist against his as much as I do the way he goes on. Aren't con men supposed to be charming? Chap's a sweaty mess.

Charming post that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

After the Commolli/Dalglish catastrophe I'd say FSG don't want one person in sole charge. I'd say there are lots of examples of it out there, but it's just more common in Europe and hence talked about far less.

Chucky...i think you were asking about what Reina said about Rafa, and that it wasnt picked up by the media. Skysports reported on it

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7789780/Reina-wanted-Rafa-return

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement