Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 car seats in a Toyota Avensis?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

When your looking at a people carrier look at seat combinations before you buy, take it for a test drive to the same store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

gifted wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Well, we went looking today and it is possible to get 3 child seats into the back of the Avensis. One for the 3 year old on the outside, one for the 19 month old on the other side and the newborn in the middle facing the back window...:D.
    The car seats were a tight fit and we would need seat belt extensions for one of the seats but there was no question of buckle crunch. The downside to all of that though is that once the seats are in place, they have to be left in place. It would be way to awkward to be removing the middle baby seat all the time, so we would have to have a seperate baby carrier and transfer the baby into and out of the baby seat thats already fitted in the car ( sorry if that sounds confusing )
    Also, one of the children on the outside would have to be out of their seat while we are putting the baby into the middle seat ( problem there straight away )
    The extra baby carrier would have to be in the boot all the time so thats a third of the boot gone.
    While it is physically possible to have the 3 seats in the Avensis, their seems to be way too many negatives with it so we have decided to go with a people carrier ( Bawling out side baby shop I was )
    Herself then told me that as we are getting a people carrier we might as well go for a fourth child ( the Bawling got louder and felt shooting pains in my chest area :eek:)
    So thanks for all your advice, really appreciated it :).

PS. The shop assistant in the baby shop in Galway was really great, he came out to the car with a lot of baby seats and tried every combo to see if it would work.

When i had my third i upgraded to the citroen xsara picasso.. great for space in the back...only problem was 10 months after getting it i was pregnant with my 4th. . :eek: :D my eldest is big enoughfor the front seat so it was only a problem when we all needed to go somewhere... which wasn't very often so i delayed changing it for a 6 or 7 seater.. needs must now i've no car for the last 5 weeks after an accident and i'm like a lunatic looking at car ads. . :rolleyes: thinking of selling one or 2 of the kids to pay for it..(but then i wouldn't need it :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Smokey Bear

Could try this as an option and hang onto your Avensis ?

http://www.multimac.co.uk/quick_checker_results/57/391

Advertisement