Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic advice for Dublin Airport at rushhour

Options
  • 12-11-2007 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,
    on thursday next I will be flying from Dublin Airport at 8pm, which usually means check-in at six. I will be travelling from the west and I would usually use the M50 to get to the airport. How bad will the M50 be at 6pm on a thursday?
    Is there any alternative route that might take me north through meath and back down to the airport going against the rushhour traffic?
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

you can go via Ratoath, this can be heavy also, allow a half hour to park your car, sometimes the car parks are full.
    Most routes on or around the M50 will be heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭trellheim

Chancy. Assuming N4-M50-M1 or Ballymun exit means you are at the mercy of any small thing to slow you down.

If At N4/M50 by 1800 you should be parking up by 1845/1900 in the short term. 10 mins walk.... should be OK but tight; not much wiggle room.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Thanks to you both for your replies. I have carparking booked with Quickpark already so thats not going to be a problem.
    I would prefer to be at the airport for 6pm. I think it is recommended to check in 2 hours before flight. When would I have to hit n4/M50 to be there by 6pm? I guess traffic will be at least as heavy if not heavier around 5pm than 6pm. Is that a valid assumption.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Around that time, the traffic over the westlink would be quite heavy. Also with quickpark, you have to get off the M50 at the Ballymun exit and go around the back of the airport. I would try to be at the N4 junction at about 4:30pm.

Advertisement