Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glass mosaic tiles-terrible job-what to do????

• 23-11-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,i have employed a tiler to do the backsplash in glass mosaic tiles( 3sqm). He said he knew how to do it. The effect is awful. The net on which the tile sat originally( to firm a sheet) is visible. The edges and corners are cut in a way that you can see discoloured uneven glass. The silicone finishing around the edges and worktops is thick and bumpy. He also used chrome tile trimmer on the corners which looks just awful. He used ordinary floor type white adhesive to put the mosaic on and a good quality grout that we previously used on ceramic tiles in the bathroom. Im so unhappy about the result. The mosaic was expensive and i am to pay for the whole lot tomorrow.. Ill ask their boss what can he offer but i feel they should pay me back for material and i shouldnt pay for the job. How much would it cost if i wanted to hire a tiler to do 3 sqm of glass mosaic only??? They did loads on the house but mosaic is the only thing im really upset about😞

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Did you employ the tiler youself or did you get an all in price with the shop for supplying and fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aemk2014

agusta wrote: »
    Did you employ the tiler youself or did you get an all in price with the shop for supplying and fitting

I employed a company all in one like plumber painter and tiler. Only the tiler messed it up. Any idea of how much does it normally cost to fit 3 sqm of mosaic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

if you are retiling the old tiles will have to be removed and the wall will have to be made perfect again 50-100 euro.The walls have to be perfect to fit mosaics.The cost of doing 3 meteres of mosaics comes down to the amount of cuts involved around the perimeter.Ball park,very little cuts,120 euro,alot of cuts 200-220 euro.Glass mosaics are one of the most difficult mosaics to cut correctly.If you posted a picture i could maybe give a more accurate figure

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aemk2014

agusta wrote: »
    if you are retiling the old tiles will have to be removed and the wall will have to be made perfect again 50-100 euro.The walls have to be perfect to fit mosaics.The cost of doing 3 meteres of mosaics comes down to the amount of cuts involved around the perimeter.Ball park,very little cuts,120 euro,alot of cuts 200-220 euro.Glass mosaics are one of the most difficult mosaics to cut correctly.If you posted a picture i could maybe give a more accurate figure

Thank you so much for your reply. Are you a fitter yourself? I could post you the photos,there is cutting involved as the kitchen is l-shaped plus there are pipes standing out from the wall covered by plaster board.

Advertisement