Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemini JoyTab Duo 8

Options
  • 03-02-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I just bought one of these in Powercity. Great value with good specs however I am having trouble connecting it to my home WiFi network. Near the wireless router is fine but anywhere else the signal is weak. I don't believe that the router is the issue as I have other devices connected all over the house and my neighbours can even pick up a signal. Any advice welcome.
    thegills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laurarose

hiya
    just wondering if you found a solution.
    I also bought a joytab duo 8 in power city as a christmas present for my dad.
    I have never been able to connect the wifi and have it 3 months already, i brought it back to power city twice and both times it connected in the shop.
    the only solution they gave me was to reset it, that didnt work.

I have tried it in my house which has a 60mb speed (power city said my broadband must not be strong enough) and in my parents house and it wont pick up anything

so if you can help that would be great
    thanks
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

laurarose wrote: »
    hiya
    just wondering if you found a solution.
    I also bought a joytab duo 8 in power city as a christmas present for my dad.
    I have never been able to connect the wifi and have it 3 months already, i brought it back to power city twice and both times it connected in the shop.
    the only solution they gave me was to reset it, that didnt work.

I have tried it in my house which has a 60mb speed (power city said my broadband must not be strong enough) and in my parents house and it wont pick up anything

so if you can help that would be great
    thanks
    Laura
    try changing the security type on your router Laura id say its that to be honest, what is it on at the minute?

im not sure how to check that. but It does seem like it could be that, considering it works in power city Thanks

im not sure how to check that. but It does seem like it could be that, considering it works in power city Thanks

Im gonna say thats your issue, you might need to lower your security to an older type to get your device to work on your router, its easy enough to do you just need to log onto your routers page and change the security type. Who is your internet provider and do you have the standard modem?

ok so i googled how to connect to router and I changed the settings, the tablet is now working.
    Thank you so much just a simple solution that nobody could give me.
    I contacted gemini about the problem and they just said to send it back, even after explaining it works in the shop.

Thanks again much appriciated my dad will finally be able to use his christmas present.
    Laura

• Advertisement

ok so i googled how to connect to router and I changed the settings, the tablet is now working.
    Thank you so much just a simple solution that nobody could give me.
    I contacted gemini about the problem and they just said to send it back, even after explaining it works in the shop.

Thanks again much appriciated my dad will finally be able to use his christmas present.
    Laura

no problem, glad to help

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Hi, Im sorry for dragging up this thread again but a search brought me here, this is the same problem I have with a new gemini tablet.

It recgonises my wifi but just keeps going from connecting, to saved to connecting again. I have brought it back to power city where it worked fine. Ive had a look at my wifi settings and Im not sure how to change the security setting, its a belkin model.

I would appreciate any help as its useless to me now as I cant even set it up.

Should mention all other devices in the house connect no problem to it.

Hiya you need to change your setting via your router, this link explains how to do it

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071229140719AA05h9k

you need to do this with your main computer and change the setting to WPA/WPA2.

this worked for me,
    hope it helps
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Hiya you need to change your setting via your router, this link explains how to do it

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071229140719AA05h9k

you need to do this with your main computer and change the setting to WPA/WPA2.

this worked for me,
    hope it helps
    Laura

Thanks Laura for the link, I just couldn't find the right info when I was looking.

Hopefully it will sort it for me

Advertisement