Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 800 Million Pound Railway Station BBC 2 10PM tonight

Options
  • 13-11-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Evening,

Just saw this on entertainment.ie anyone know much about it?

22:00 The 800 Million Pound Railway Station (T)

New series. A behind-the-scenes look at the modernising of St Pancras train station, examining the sometimes conflicting priorities of everybody involved in the massive project.

Ixus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Opens today at 11am anyhow, well thats the departure time of the first train.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thought it was an excellent program, but that moaning architect started to get on my nerves a bit towards the end. I thought he was going to fall on his sword at one point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Propellerhead

Bet nobody in Britain seriously suggested spending the money on buses instead. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Bet nobody in Britain seriously suggested spending the money on buses instead.

No, no, it would have been better spent on a new motorway 10km parallel to an existing one and through some national heritage site towards the south coast of England as close to France as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Alun wrote: »
    Thought it was an excellent program, but that moaning architect started to get on my nerves a bit towards the end. I thought he was going to fall on his sword at one point.

He lwas a right tosser alright, I was almost willing him to slit his wrists over 6 inches of plate glass.

The irony is that (IMO anyway) his precious extention looks absolutely awful against the majestic original trainshed. It looks like an industrial unit only made of glass.

It is also not suitable for it's purpose, a truly horrible place to wait for trains. The domestic services to the midlands are housed in the extention and it is cold and draughty with open sides at platform level that the wind cuts right through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement