Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Vista not starting

Options
  • 10-04-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, wonder if yez had any advice for my problem. Please bear with me as I don't know a lot about computers.

Today, I went to turn on my laptop and it wouldn't start. It got to the blue "welcome" screen and said "Windows is trying to configure updates". Then it said "Windows could not configure updates and is reverting the changes". Then another message comes up saying something along the lines of "Windows could not login or do a system start up" but it doesn't stick around for very long. Then the screen goes completely black but I can still see and move the cursor.

I was using my laptop just fine last night but I did postpone an update and I've an inkling this is related. I can start it in Safe Mode, even though the same messages come up, it just continues into Safe Mode instead of going to a black screen.

The laptop is two years old. It's been working fine ever since I got it. I've never had any problems til now. It's an Acer but I'm not sure what model.

Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if it's Windows Vista or Windows 7. I'm at work for the next seven hours so won't be able to check anytime soon.

Advertisement