Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on casual gaming laptop

Options
  • 09-04-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Iv recently come into some money and I am looking to buy a new laptop for general home use and casual gaming. Im looking to spend 300 - 450. One of my main concerns is that I get a graphics card is good enough. I really enjoy the football manager game for the PC, and the ability to play that seamlessly is a big factor for me. There was a christmas a few years ago when a family member traded in my old broken laptop for one that the repair man had going spare. Great deal right? It would have been if the Laptop had more than 1GB of RAM. So when I got the football manager game it was slow and laggy and basically unplayable.

Iv been doing some research online, and most laptops seem to come with 4GB of RAM, which should be sufficent, but what type of graphics card should I be looking for, or which ones should I avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Iv recently come into some money and I am looking to buy a new laptop for general home use and casual gaming. Im looking to spend 300 - 450. One of my main concerns is that I get a graphics card is good enough. I really enjoy the football manager game for the PC, and the ability to play that seamlessly is a big factor for me. There was a christmas a few years ago when a family member traded in my old broken laptop for one that the repair man had going spare. Great deal right? It would have been if the Laptop had more than 1GB of RAM. So when I got the football manager game it was slow and laggy and basically unplayable.

Iv been doing some research online, and most laptops seem to come with 4GB of RAM, which should be sufficent, but what type of graphics card should I be looking for, or which ones should I avoid?

for your price range cant think of anything that comes witha graphics card in that price point. your talking maybe another 200 or so minimum i cant imagine tho a football manager that be very graphics intensive tho . if thats the only type of game your playing .something with intergrated graphics would be fine. and the amount of ram a machine has is topical because it can always be upgraded after .

Advertisement