Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Laptop Screen - Black Mark Streaked Across Screen

Options
  • 06-04-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Hi,

hope some one can help with this. I have a black blob that goes across my screen and it is a problem with the screen and not the information that is on it. The blob sits there and it is annoying. I have the laptop 20 months and am very happy with it.

de4r5j.jpg

Is this fixable?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

The internal glass has cracked and liquid crystal is leaking. did it get a knock or a bang? yeah it can be fixed with a new panel

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

LCD is broken and will need to be swopped out. What model Samsung is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Its a Samsung Series 3with a core i5.

Are they expensive to replace? Possibly covered under warranty? Must suss that out.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

You might get lucky, but generally damage like that to a screen is not covered by warranty, as the computer obviously suffered impact or the screen was flexed in order for the damage to occur. SO chances are it'll be out of your own pocket.

You don't say what exact model your Series 3 is, but there are replacement Series 3 LCD panels available on eBay fro $55 upwards if you are handy with electronics. Getting it done in shop will obviously cost more....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Its a 300E5AI. Just my luck....

• Advertisement

A cursory glance at eBay puts a replacement LCD panel at around the $60 mark....

Advertisement