Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Day week and St. Patricks Day.

• 13-03-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering.. I work a 3 day week at present (Mon, Tues, Wed). With St Patricks day falling on a Thurs i will also be getting bank holiday pay from my employer. Do i mark in Thurs with an 'o' to say i was working or 'HP' for holiday pay. Will i still get money from SW for Fri and Sat?? If i mark it 'o' my slip will have 4 days worked on it even tho i only worked 3 days?!!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I don't see why you'd say you worked when you clearly didn't.

You will get paid three-fifths of a day's pay for the public holiday. If HP is an option, mark it HP.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

was told by SW before i wont get any money from them for bank holidays, its up 2 the employer 2 pay u.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

well as regards normal bank holidays (mondays) that makes sense. monday is one of the days you work for your employer, so if there is a day off because of the bank hol, then yes they would pay you.

if however you always work mon, tue, wed, and never thurs, i cannot see why your employer would pay you for that bank holiday since you never work it, therefore you would put an x for not worked and get paid from sw as if it was a normal thursday. although that is just my read on it and not gospel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

hdowney wrote: »
    well as regards normal bank holidays (mondays) that makes sense. monday is one of the days you work for your employer, so if there is a day off because of the bank hol, then yes they would pay you.

if however you always work mon, tue, wed, and never thurs, i cannot see why your employer would pay you for that bank holiday since you never work it, therefore you would put an x for not worked and get paid from sw as if it was a normal thursday. although that is just my read on it and not gospel.

Depending on hours worked, if there is a bank holiday, your employer may be legally obliged to pay you for a bank holiday, so you don't mark an x.
    OP you need to mark HP on your docket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

As far as I know , the criteria is '' 40 hours worked in previous 5 weeks ''

If you worked 40 hours in previous 5 weeks , you are paid BH by your employer .

If you worked less hours than 40 in the previous 5 weeks , you are paid by SW .

See the organisation of working time act 2001 or this :

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The pro-rata payment for bank holidays for a part-time employee are usually 20% of the usually weeks hrs paid,

so if you usually work 20 hrs you'd get paid for an extra 4 hrs that week,

if you did work it or if you were off you'd get paid for the 2 days you worked and 4hrs for St Patricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

holuc wrote: »
    was told by SW before i wont get any money from them for bank holidays, its up 2 the employer 2 pay u.

Yes, that's what I said. Your employer will pay you 3/5ths of a days wages. Yes, it would be a nice windfall if SW paid you too, but it doesn't work like that.

Advertisement