Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock And A Hard Place

Options
  • 06-01-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hey guys. Ive recently gone back to do a 1 year college course after been working full time for the past 3 odd year, so now that im part time the job has turned to hell as the current management has done alot to make me (and one or two others) feel unwanted. Shes to date illegally discrimated against me and stripped all responsibility away, its going through a complaints process at the moment but ive seen first hand under other managers that its only a matter of time before she finds a way to get rid of me. I dont want the hassle of legal battle. Its too stressful there and its really affecting my life, physically and mentally i cant keep this job.

What i wanted to know is basically what are my options if i leave my job over the circumstances? Would i be entitled to Back to Education etc or am i pretty much screwed. Im living only with my father but my income as little as it is, is needed.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

stay in the job its not her job its yours .

you could get a cert for stress for the meantime , and i would go to your closest citizens advice , how long are you in the job.

i wouldnt let her walk all over you .

i would stay very very cool , and hang in there , if they are diminishing your responsibilities ,, hey your geting paid to do less and your doing your job .... i would really hang in there .
    she needs to be reminded of employees rights and all that

They must go through the dismissal procedure as outlined in your contract , verbal warning /written /second written etc
    unless you act the maggot and give them reason to fire you on the spot

she cannot get rid of you as easily as you think , however if you walk she has won ,,,,,
    so look be very very cool about it

how long are you in the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

you wont get back to education unless you were made statutory redundant
    or on the dole for at least a year

unless you find another job dont give up the one you have , even tho its horrible at the moment , its money

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Been in this job over 2 and a half years. I no what your saying that its difficult for them to get rid of me and to be honest putting my head down is pretty much what ive been doin. But looking over my should aint the nicest way to work. Thanks for the info too, looks like if i want out redundancy is the way.

Ive been to cit advice too they were very helpful but didnt know what she was talking about when it came to back to education etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Hey guys. Ive recently gone back to do a 1 year college course after been working full time for the past 3 odd year, so now that im part time the job has turned to hell as the current management has done alot to make me (and one or two others) feel unwanted. Shes to date illegally discrimated against me and stripped all responsibility away, its going through a complaints process at the moment but ive seen first hand under other managers that its only a matter of time before she finds a way to get rid of me. I dont want the hassle of legal battle. Its too stressful there and its really affecting my life, physically and mentally i cant keep this job.

What i wanted to know is basically what are my options if i leave my job over the circumstances? Would i be entitled to Back to Education etc or am i pretty much screwed. Im living only with my father but my income as little as it is, is needed.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

If it does get too much and you decide to leave, you can make a claim of constructive dismissal with the employments appeals tribunal. you will need to have a good strong case though.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/dismissal/constructive_dismissal.html

As to SW claims, you would be treated as someone who quit and would be required to wait the 9 weeks like everyone else. If you were to file the constructive dismissal form that might help get things done quicker.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Does anyone know for definite if you get the back to ed allowance can you work during the summer without losing the back to ed allowance?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
Advertisement