Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sig/Gsg 1911

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,072 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Go Get I'm!!:cool:
    Friday week Limerick DC for the modular sporting rifle and three other lads for handguns.This is the rematch that I predicted three years ago when they were granted initially to everyone here in Limerick.:mad:
    Break a leg to anyone in the DC and HC this month.:pac:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrbrianj

Just a quick question lads,

Who foots the bill for the court cases and solicitor work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Anyone I know who was in court so far paid their own legal fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mod Note:
    Guys, you all know this but just for the new folks - discussing a sub judice case is grounds for a contempt of court hearing (see here for more details) so until the judgement is in, the content of the case is off-limits here (that the case is happening isn't, that's just public domain information that's up on courts.ie amongst other places).

That said, good luck all and I think we're all waiting on the outcome of this one with baited breath...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

It would seem we are being put on the long finger..after taking another day off work expecting a judgement it would seem the state saving face is key, meetings apparently have been taking place behind closed doors our judge told us, with who I don't know but not with our council as he was surprised to here this info..we where given a promised date in early Nov so that's something..
    Oh and the judge apologised for the hole misunderstanding/delay etc..
    He is a great judge for this case but 14 days and nearly 2yrs of this is withering.
    My centre fire refusal is starting mid Oct in the same court hope he is the Judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Varmint Shooter

You lads are getting some run around :(

Meetings behind closed doors with unknown participants & agendas sure that's why we're in this mess !!!!!!!

Me speculates the whole thing is being long fingerd until they see what befalls them with the test cases in the high court in Oct so there is precedent then for the DC cases.And yes there have been Byzanthine and Machevellian plots afoot behind the scenes all Summer again.:( Fortuneatly looking to our benefit.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Me speculates the whole thing is being long fingerd until they see what befalls them with the test cases in the high court in Oct so there is precedent then for the DC cases.And yes there have been Byzanthine and Machevellian plots afoot behind the scenes all Summer again.:( Fortuneatly looking to our benefit.

I'd be hoping that the high court date in October is the only sitting before our date and that noting will get decided at it.. also there is no fixing what happened at our hearing, I reckon they are big time worried about the fall out that may happen from other criminal/firearm cases that may well appeal any decision where this state wittiness ever gave his expert evidence...
    Im going to let this thread sit till Nov.. I'll say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Hi,

Firstly, I heard about that rabbit that Mr Egan pulled out of the hat (more like launched an exocet....... ). Brilliant court work I must say.

I haven't heard anything about HC this month and one of the cases in, is mine (or it is part of the whole thing - may not be a sample case).

I wonder if all the excitement we had earlier in the year that got us all wound up was in anticipation (or should I say apprehension), by AGS, of the current goings on?
    Every thing looks to be gaining momentum in favour of us the target/sports shooters?
    Or will it end up being a busted flush?

• Advertisement

I got the feeling that the cases on Friday in Limerick ,in relation to .22 uppers and pistols was a test flight to see how they would do in the HC. If that was the case ,they flew very well.:)

Advertisement