Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby in Trinity - thoughts?

• 18-09-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I really want to join the TCD Rugby club this year (2nd year PG) but I'm a bit wary as to how ''bro-ish'' it might be? On top of that I haven't played in awhile and I'm a fairly skinny guy. I'd love to know what it's actually like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Don't be worried at all. By "bro-ish" what are you worried about?
    Don't worry about not having played in a while. The club has junior teams competing In the metro leagues in divisions 6,9 which are social rugby divisions with division 9 very much social rugby

Only way to find out what its like is to turn up training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

Cheers man. Ah I was just a bit worried that there'd be a lot of guys from schools that would have been big into rugby, and it'd be hard to catch up (I haven't played in years).

I'm 23, would I be eligible for a junior team do you know? Do you go yourself?

Cheers man. Ah I was just a bit worried that there'd be a lot of guys from schools that would have been big into rugby, and it'd be hard to catch up (I haven't played in years).

I'm 23, would I be eligible for a junior team do you know? Do you go yourself?
    Junior rugby is open adult grade rugby. Im not in Trinity but friends, brother are playing on 20s and junior team.

I wouldn't worry about lots of people from schools and being big into rugby. Unless you are on the college's senior squad or the main under 20 squad the rugby will be very much social rugby and there wont be much to catch up on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

General question I guess, having never been involved in a sports club in my life, what happens when you get people who are just unskilled, unfit or whatever who join up to the society/club? How do they participate? Not fun playing a game with someone you have to carry, or having badly balanced teams.

General question I guess, having never been involved in a sports club in my life, what happens when you get people who are just unskilled, unfit or whatever who join up to the society/club? How do they participate? Not fun playing a game with someone you have to carry, or having badly balanced teams.
    How do you think they participate?
    They turn up and play at the most appropriate level.
    There will always be people joining clubs in university who have never played the sport in question or had active involvement in a society or what the society is about. That's part of university life.
    The rugby club has its top 2 teams, senior 1sts and 2nds, which are at the top end of their grades and they have a main under 20s team and all three of these teams will be played very seriously but the remaining teams in the universities rugby club will very much be social teams and be playing in divisions where all teams will be around the same level and there will always be some players stronger or weaker than others. That's life.

• Advertisement

How do you think they participate?

I have no idea, that's why I asked.

I have no idea, that's why I asked.
    Contact any of those on committee below. Ask when and where training is on and turn up. Simple
    http://dufc.ie/?page_id=430

I'm not a student. Was just wondering in general how sport clubs work.

I'm not a student. Was just wondering in general how sport clubs work.
    Why are you asking here then? Go to a club and ask someone. Its not that difficult to do that.

Advertisement