Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling fans spotted

• 09-09-2014 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this thread will take off or not, but thought it would be an idea to point when you have seen somebody you dont know in a wrestling t-shirt/shirt/hat etc...

Today I was in Newbridge shopping centre and saw a guy with the Luke Harper Wyatt "Hes got the whole world in his hands" shirt on. Looked pretty cool I must say.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

"Wrestling dudes in non wrestling places"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A Daniel Bryan Bear hoodie in Jervis Shopping Centre today.

My all time was someone is a The One Billy Gunn shirt in DIT Aungier Street about 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Saw a man in Camden street with a blue Ziggler hoodie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember back before Money in the Bank and just after BNB's injury was announced, I saw someone wearing a BNB tshirt, so I was tempted to tell the guy he was injured, starting off with "I'm afraid I've got some bad news" of course. But I resisted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

When I was in secondary school, one guy wore the Rikishi "Rikishi Phatu And Yo Mama Too" t-shirt for no uniform day.

He wasn't the most popular wrestling fan in the school, let alone popular kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I passed a guy on the street recently in a pink Ziggler tshirt. I was wearing a blue one.
    We had a moment....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The 'Best In The World' t-shirt was rampant a month after MITB 2011, no matter where you were. The fans were coming out of the closet in droves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Definitely. I was around Henry St. and this lad had a black trench coat but a punk tee and taped wrists with X's on them. It was incredible really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I bought a few Steve Austin shirts from Forbidden Planet in the late 1990's/2000 and had some approach me in a shopping centre asking where I'd got it. Thought that was a bit odd but I suppose those shirts weren't that common then.

I wore my OSW shirt about a while ago and got a few looks off of people including one guy in a shop who I told about the podcast. He seemed very interested in it.

Saw a white CM Punk shirt on someone in the Dublin Castle garden. Punk made it cool for a while I guess.

Aw that's boss! Love it mate! That's like the nicest thing you can do :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Definitely. I was around Henry St. and this lad had a black trench coat but a punk tee and taped wrists with X's on them. It was incredible really.

Im cringing here just picturing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Last April the night after Mania I had about 50 people chanting YES in Diceys. Me and 2 others in our DB tees on top of a table leading it. These people had absolutely no idea what was going on. But my god it was the best thing ever. Bouncers should have put us out but it was going down so well with the crowd they couldn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Thinking about it Cm Punk seemed to make wrestling tshirts cool for a while still see the odd one doing the rounds but very rarely any other wrestlers ones. People doing you can't see me is a popular one but I don't think they get the reference.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Punk (and Orton too, in fairness) have had a few over recent times that were overtly wrestling shirts to fans, but not to non-fans, meaning they were wearable by adults. I love my white Pun shirt, and have a few Orton ones too.

Do wear "YES! YES! YES!" from time to time as well :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Thinking about it Cm Punk seemed to make wrestling tshirts cool for a while still see the odd one doing the rounds but very rarely any other wrestlers ones. People doing you can't see me is a popular one but I don't think they get the reference.
    Yeah pretty much whenever I see someone in a WWE tshirt, it's Punk or a kid wearing Cena gear

I passed a guy on the street recently in a pink Ziggler tshirt. I was wearing a blue one. We had a moment....

Beakerjoe that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I was reading this thread earlier and thinking that I never see any wrestling tshirts out and about but lo and behold on my way home earlier I drove past a guy wearing a yellow Punk GTS tee! One of the nicest WWE tees of recent years imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I bought a few Steve Austin shirts from Forbidden Planet in the late 1990's/2000 and had some approach me in a shopping centre asking where I'd got it. Thought that was a bit odd but I suppose those shirts weren't that common then.

Back then the only place you could get them was in FP and Virgin Megastore on the quays.

It was also a case of if you wanted a wrestling tshirt you had to buy whatever was in stock. I had a Road Dogg Roll the Dog a Bone' tshirt despite being apathetic towards the Road Dogg and not having a clue what the slogan actually meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Back around 1999 when the tshirt print stores were everywhere and they had WWF a fair few Austin, DX and The Rock designs. The day before WMXV I got a HHH DX tshirt and thought I was the dogs you know what. Fast forward 48 hrs and HHH has joined the Corporation, not such a good purchase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Apologies for the double post I tried editing but wont work for some reason, I left out the word prints after WWF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Brendão wrote: »
    I was reading this thread earlier and thinking that I never see any wrestling tshirts out and about but lo and behold on my way home earlier I drove past a guy wearing a yellow Punk GTS tee! One of the nicest WWE tees of recent years imo.

Funny, I remember that T getting a whole load of grief, with even a few tin foilists claiming that the yellow was intentional in order to increase his heat during his heel run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I have a classic nWo black and white tshirt and an Austin 3:16 one that I break out from time too time and love them! Allways get looks and some people even throw up the click gesture! (Disclaimer: by some I mean 2 people in around 6 years!)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

I'm wearing my Cactus Jack Wanted Dead t-shirt today, which is arguably the greatest wrestling tee of all time - actually, that's what I'd like to see! We've had the theme music wars and recently the hardcore championship thingy - what's the best piece of Merchandise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

In London in Feb of this year with a friend for her hospital appointment and had time to kill afterwards, so we went to the Natural History museum, saw a kid about 9 or 10 years old in a Ryback t shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Growing up in Boyle, Co. Roscommon, it was impossible to get wrestling shirts. The nearest big town was Sligo, and they had nothing.

So, one week, the Irish Sun had a mail order offer on for t-shirts. I bought 2. One with a picture of The Rock on it, and another really cool one, Undertaker, with Stigmata crosses on his palms. The Taker one was like maternity wear however, and was down to my knees.

Later on, I got a Rock - "your role - know it, your Mouth - shut it" Tee. This one was like a belly top!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Me and my mate had to laugh at the 02 houseshow back in May. Sandow did the old Kurt Angle “I’m going to come out again. And this time you will NOT boo me, you will STAND and applaud my greatness”. Cue Sandow coming out from behind the curtain for a second time. Every kid in the place sat on their hands booing whilst guys of a certain age and taste stood tall gleefully cheering and applauding Sandow. I was practically spot the OSW shirt. We marked hard. I was great to see fellow noggers in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

When I was in secondary school, one guy wore the Rikishi "Rikishi Phatu And Yo Mama Too" t-shirt for no uniform day.

He wasn't the most popular wrestling fan in the school, let alone popular kid.

I think I worked with this guy (there cant be 2) he wore it to work a lot, I asked him if he watched wrestling one day and he said "Not in a few years"

...AWKWARD

I wear my Japan/Indy stuff to the gym regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I was down in Portlaoise a few months ago with my son, wearing my Wyatt family shirt (from Turnbuckle Tees, love it) and a guy passing us in the shopping centre pointed at me and said “follow the buzzards”, kept walking.

Years ago, on my honeymoon, my wife and I were on a trip to Niagara Falls and got talking to a couple. the guy told us he was from Charlotte, NC and I said without thinking “Ah, Flair Country”. He actually did laugh, his wife hadn't a clue what I meant (she was Japanese), mine did and was mortified.

Advertisement