Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good place to get a Sony Xperia T checked/repaired?

• 27-07-2014 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭

I have the above phone for just over 18 months. Got it on billpay from Meteor and just ported my number away from Meteor the week before last. Never had any problems with the phone, bar when it upgraded to 4.3. That didn't work out and I went back to 4.1.2 I think. Phone was unlocked by Meteor several months ago. Phone has never been dropped and is like new.

Last week I notice that my phone is no longer making any sound. I can still make and receive calls on it okay, but there's no noise when it rings, when an alarm goes off or when media play. All settings that I can see seem okay. Plugging in earphones without changing anything else means that I hear sound again.

This is likely a hardware problem, right? Any recommendations on where I could take it on the north side of Dublin for an honest assessment? Any notion on how much a fault like this could cost to repair?

One more thing to note; I use this phone for work and personal matters, so I'd rather not be without it for a long period. I've never had to get a phone repaired since 1998/1999, so I don't know if anyone does repairs in house. This issue is a pain, but I could probably live with it until next year and then replace if I had to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

No one got any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

could you try the gpo phone menders?

daytob wrote: »
    could you try the gpo phone menders?
    I could. Are the recommended by folks on here?

I have no objections to going slightly out of my way if there's a reputable phone mender at the destination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

there is a place in ballymount i think, that repair phones. its who emobile use and i am pretty sure other providers do as well. it could be citywest or around there. I dont know the name of it but it costs around 80 euro to get fixed depending on the actual problem with it. I have no idea how long it takes. might drop the mods a pm if you dont get a reply

Thanks for your efforts anyway daytob. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I had the same xperia issue. The phones earphone connection is loose.

Play a video and put the headphones in and out a few times and it will read that they are out

I had the same xperia issue. The phones earphone connection is loose.

Play a video and put the headphones in and out a few times and it will read that they are out
    I've been doing that, but the phone hasn't fallen for it yet.

Phone started making noise again on Thursday afternoon. I'll see how long it lasts. Thanks for the input folks.

Advertisement