Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goo.im is too slow.. Are the xda files mirrored elsewhere?

Options
  • 08-04-2013 12:21pm

Swear to god it took 20 minutes to root my nexus 7 but it's gonna take 6 hours just to download paranoid android.. I can normally download at nearly 2mb/s.

Are there any mirror websites? I've always had this problem with xda and honestly stopped getting roms for my S2 because I'd be in bed by the time it finishes and the next day wouldn't even care anymore. Last night, it was nearly finished when I switched of my laptop without thinking and today, I've started the dl too late to even get it done..

Wish the devs/users would just upload it on a proper filesharing website like mega at the same time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

torrents?

its weird using them for "legal" downloads

Had a quick look but can't see what I need.. Feels odd, so many people dl presumably at such slow speeds happily.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I had a weird issue downloading a ROM for my Archos tablet a few weeks ago. It was taking ages to download and usually bombed out at 100mb (about half way through).

I tried it in work and downloaded in a flash.

If you have a friend on a different ISP, ask if they can download for you. It's worth a shot....

Ok, kidcarter on xda is uploading it to devhost for me now.. Just took a codeine cause I got such a fekin headache looking for another link on what I thought was gonna be a nice relaxing evening playin with a new rom.

Not sure about isps.. Pretty much everyone in Hanoi is on the same one.

Advertisement