Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good android apps or games

Options
  • 21-12-2011 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi all kinda new was wondering do anybody no of any good apps or games or anything interesting for android fones links would be much help thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Loads of em in the android forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Android forum has a thread with loads of suggestion, should probably check there, this will probably be moved anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

shebzie wrote: »
    Hi all kinda new was wondering do anybody no of any good apps or games or anything interesting for android fones links would be much help thanks

If you've an Android phone, one of the Apps already on it is called "Market" and you'll get all the Android apps there, thousands of them!! Angry Birds has gotta be one of the best games on it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

If you've an Android phone, one of the Apps already on it is called "Market" and you'll get all the Android apps there, thousands of them!! Angry Birds has gotta be one of the best games on it! :)
    pfft don't mind the market. 4shared rocks lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

OK, to make this a bit forum specific;

are there any Waterford apps?

I only know of WLR, but maybe something for high tides in the area or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

There is a Dunmore East app if that's any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Chimerical32

dayshah wrote: »
    OK, to make this a bit forum specific;

are there any Waterford apps?

There's one called Unofficial boards.ie... go into it find waterford city and click follow ;) It's my main way of keeping up with this forum.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

There's one called Unofficial boards.ie... go into it find waterford city and click follow ;) It's my main way of keeping up with this forum.

That app was actually made by a Waterford lad and user of this forum*

*Assuming We're talking about the same app.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I cant find it :(

its "unofficial boards.ie" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.althinking.safetycameraloc&feature=trending-apps
    Gives advance warning when you approach one of 500+ Garda Safety Cameras Ireland
    This app gives you advance warning when you approach one of the 500+ Garda Safety Camera locations (speed vans) dotted throughout Ireland.
    The main features are:
    1) Warns you when approaching a Garda safety camera location.
    2) No data connection is required so there is no cost using this app.
    3) Uses bare minimum of system resources and runs quietly in the background.
    4) A speed camera icon in the status bar lets you know the app is running.
    5) Warnings use sound, light and vibration to make sure you're informed and drive accordingly :)
    6) This app warns of 500+ Garda safety van locations only (it doesn't include GATSOs, or Gardai at the side of the road).
    7) It's totally free and contains no ads.
    Changes in this version, are listed at the bottom of this description. I'm already working on some improvements for the next release, these are suggestions from you the users (you can email android@althinking.com). Thank you for your generous feedback which is appreciated, listened to, and acted on :)
    In the next release I plan to give you options to set how you want the app to act - more power to you!
    Note that, no GPS signal = no location = no warning! So, when using this app please ensure the phone has visibility of the GPS satellites. Best location is screen mounted or atop your dashboard - & make sure it's securely fixed - you don't want your nice phone flying through the air when you hit the anchors, or do that J-turn like you saw in the movies :)
    A big bonus is this app DOES NOT require internet access. So it won't cost you money, and it won't use up any of your data allowance. Once installed it simply uses your GPS location and an efficient database of safety camera locations to keep you protected.
    This app is ultra-lightweight and uses the bare minimum of your phones resources (storage, memory, CPU, battery). Even when your phone screen has timed-out and is in sleep mode, this app continues to function. It sits quietly in the background, periodically checking your location, and warns you only when and where necessary. (Note that turning the screen on during an alert (introduced in version 1.2) will use a bit more battery; so I will make this optional when I release version 1.3)
    Each warning consists of four parts:
    1) A siren will sound on the phone
    2) The phone will vibrate
    3) The phones LED will flash (green, if your phone supports it)
    4) A red speed camera icon will appear in the notification area
    When you exit a zone there are 3 indications:
    1) An "angelic harp sound" (thanks Steve!) plays
    2) The red speed camera is removed from the Notification Area
    3) The screen turns off (if it was off)
    The app is designed to run in the background without you needing to interact with it. However, there is also a simple screen with 5 buttons which allow you to Start and Stop the app, view the speed camera locations (requires web browser and internet connection), 'Test Safety Camera Alert' and test the database is ok. This screen can be accessed by touching the app icon (safety camera icon) on your phone, or by selecting it from the notification area (if the app is already running).
    The test button allows you to simulate entering a safety camera zone. Pressing the button creates a mock-warning, so you will know what to expect when it happens for real on the road!
    From version 1.2, following user requests, the app will wake the screen up to show the warning notification, while also sounding and vibrating. As mentioned earlier, these will all be optional for version 1.3.
    The 'Check Database' button will check the database is OK, it should be 100%, but if it's not you should uninstall and reinstall the app.
    I am continuing to develop this app so if you have feature requests please let me know via email at android@althinking.com. This app was written as part of an MSc module in UCD on Android development, so please leave feedback and a rating. I hope you like the app and it serves you well.
    However you choose to go, GoSafe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

My fav is whatsapp, love the way you can invite all your friends to chat together. Myself and the girls are constantly on it !

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

And this has what exactly to do with Waterford?:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

I shall move this over to the Android Forum.. will get better responses seeing as its not Waterford only apps your looking for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

hi op, have a read here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055658304

im gonna close this thread now because i think 2 threads on the same topic will confuse.
    pm me if any issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement