Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good bargain to buy while in the US??

Options
  • 08-06-2011 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm on holidays at the moment in the States and was wondering if there were any good deals / models etc that could be recommended for me to buy while here. I was considering the ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco and may buy it when I get home. However, seeing as I'm here, does anyone know of any similar type Android phones that can be bought here? I've checked the ZTE website and it doesn't look like they sell that model here (or I've had too much American wine and can't read their info properly!). Ideally I don't want to spend more than c€200, or that ball-park figure anyway. I don't want an iPhone, (yes, I know that it's not Android) so we can rule that one out straight away. I'm not too familiar with the Android family and, to be honest, am only familiar with the ZTE Blade from threads posted here and in 'Bargain Alerts'. I'd be thrilled to pick up something good (doesn't have to be cutting edge technology) while I'm here, but haven't a clue what to even look for.
    So, anyone who can suggest something reliable and affordable please offer me your insight and suggestions.
    Thanks in advance,...oh and eh 'y'all have a good day, now'
    Kaz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

All phones in the US come locked, which is a bit of a bummer. I don't think there is anything particularly good value ATM by way of phones, iPads and other tablets seem to be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Ipads and tablets are your best bet. I got a 16gb Acer Iconia tab for $450 (although costco are now selling the 32gb for $469)

Once you factor in the exchange rate that kind of stuff is much cheaper over there.

Advertisement