Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT Takeover: Fatal Four Way Thread (11/9/2014)

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Very good match. Some nice aerial stuff and one or two nice chains around the mat/ropes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

rovert wrote: »
    Well that was a letdown.

I liked it. Charlotte's moonsault sucked though as it looked like she landed on her feet.

Bad idea if she's turning babyface after that Sasha bit. Was hoping for a Becky Lynch save but...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So no NXT 2K15 roster reveal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Was there a 'Kevin Dunn fears Triple H' sign in the crowd? Did anyone find a pic or scrngrb?

Enjoyed that a lot. Knew Sami was getting screwed but never by Neville. First half boring, Second half really suspenseful.

Poor Marcus Louis:
    https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/510245285570695168

Not an euphorically excellent show like the first two NXT Specials were but I liked the story elements tonight. Arrival and Takeover were far more self contained.

BxS9wWCIAAAhMBx.jpg
    BxTCYu3IQAA04Gg.png

Never trust a Geordie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ran through it this morning. Skipped some of the in-ring stuff because it strikes me the entire point of many of them is they aren't quite ready in that regard for the main roster. Instead, focused on the characters.

Loved Enzo and the big guy. Thought they could be a fantastic addition to the roster in a "Midcard comedy" act way, and think they could make serious money off them, ala Santino. Charlotte and Becky impressed me more than any of the main roster divas have in a while. Enjoyed the main event, and all four lads looked really good. Kenta looked a little rusty in the ring, though it could be down to who he was fighting off rather than himself. Will be tuning in to the next episode to see his debut for a better idea. Lucha Dragons were full of energy too; was that seriously Ricardo?!?!

Overall, for what it was, enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ran through it this morning. Skipped some of the in-ring stuff because it strikes me the entire point of many of them is they aren't quite ready in that regard for the main roster. Instead, focused on the characters.

Loved Enzo and the big guy. Thought they could be a fantastic addition to the roster in a "Midcard comedy" act way, and think they could make serious money off them, ala Santino. Charlotte and Becky impressed me more than any of the main roster divas have in a while. Enjoyed the main event, and all four lads looked really good. Kenta looked a little rusty in the ring, though it could be down to who he was fighting off rather than himself. Will be tuning in to the next episode to see his debut for a better idea. Lucha Dragons were full of energy too; was that seriously Ricardo?!?!

Overall, for what it was, enjoyed it.

Nah he was El Local who used to tag with Kalisto. Sin Cara took his place and is a better fit tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Show played out pretty much how it looked on paper. Half the tag title match was good, the womens match was good and the main event was awesome. Odd to hype Kenta as Kenta only to then change his name. Sends mixed messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Who did he fight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I thought it was a good show even though last two NXT special event shows were far better than this show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Who did he fight ?

The Ascension interrupted his promo, and he cleared them out of the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Really good show, slightly behind Takeover and Arrival but still a very solid show.

KENTA changing his name? Meh, it's not a bad name really so whatever.

Fatal four way was awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

LED screen on the ring apron was a nice touch as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Really good show, slightly behind Takeover and Arrival but still a very solid show.

KENTA changing his name? Meh, it's not a bad name really so whatever.

Fatal four way was awesome.

I think the name change is awful. Hideo Itami isn't nearly as chant-able for the crowd as Kenta would've been.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think the name change is awful. Hideo Itami isn't nearly as chant-able for the crowd as Kenta would've been.

They were chanting Hideo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They were chanting Hideo.

Ken-ta! > Hid-e-o!

No argument there. But I really don't think it matters too much.

As long as it's not a bad name, it's usually not a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Who is the idol/hero that Kenta is referencing with the name change?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Whosthis wrote: »
    Who is the idol/hero that Kenta is referencing with the name change?

The only Hideo I know is obviously Japanese and he is a bit of a legend himself. Hideo Kojima, He is the creator, director and writer of a number of successful video games, including the Metal Gear series. Though I guess thats kinda a (very very) long shot but unless someone says otherwise thats who he is now named after in my head :pac:

• Advertisement

The only Hideo I know is obviously Japanese and he is a bit of a legend himself. Hideo Kojima, He is the creator, director and writer of a number of successful video games, including the Metal Gear series. Though I guess thats kinda a (very very) long shot but unless someone says otherwise thats who he is now named after in my head :pac:

It is either that or some Olympia way before Kenta's time/birth.

The answer from a Japanese fan blog:
    I believe this name comes from Hideo is Nomo Hideo who is pioneer of Japanese MLB player and Itami is Juzo Itami who is a famous movie director of satire and comedy. It is a little bit wired for Japanese. But people can image Japanese to this name. And Hideo means "Hero" in Japanese. KENTA mentioned "Hero" at Takeover. And Itami means "Pain" in Japanese. The chairman of WWE Vince Mcmahon tweeted "The future of WWE looks bright".

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hbkidcool/archives/51959831.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who are his heroes? He a big Metal Gear Solid fan?
    So The Ascension lost the tag titles then got knocked out of the ring by 1 guy? Not their night.

Strange Baron Corbin got the jobber entrance. Guess it made it more of a surprise to some. When I saw him, I was wondering why Reigns was there.

Apart from the bad looking moonsault and the fact Charlotte won, I enjoyed the divas match. Poor Bayley. What's the thing with Sasha being Ratchet?

Hair vs hair match was fun. Enzo and Cassady are great together. And as was said before, they'll make money off them on the main roster on tshirts alone.
    Marcus looked like Jesse from TNA after the hair cut.

And the main event was excellent, apart from a couple dangerous looking botches.

edit: Started writing this without refreshing. Oops

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Apart from the bad looking moonsault and the fact Charlotte won, I enjoyed the divas match. Poor Bayley. What's the thing with Sasha being Ratchet?

The fans brought that in as chant. Initially other fans were appalled by it as "Ratchet" is kind of racially charge term.

Ratchet is an African American term for a girl in the ghetto who thinks she is "it" and stylish while everyone else thinks she is ugly and laughs behind her back.

I think comes from mispronouncing the word wretched .

Strange they have it as a tshirt then if it's potentially offensive

Strange they have it as a tshirt then if it's potentially offensive

Like a Skanger shirt or something.

Chants are organic so who knows truly where it comes from. But what I believe is that Full Sail is a College campus so you have young people who know all the newest slang. Also that's a lot of gay and female fans of NXT online. Certain quarters of the internet used to get on Sasha really hard about how cheap they thought her the weave in her hair was as well as her ring gear until fairly recently. They were just being bitchy but in fairness her gimmick is that she is The Boss - a bling, bling character.

Never liked fans bullying her in that way as Sasha in real life is really sound by all accounts. But in particular I knew she was paid on the lower end of the NXT payscale and couldn't really afford high end stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

rovert wrote: »

Thanks for that, I almost didn't ask in the first place because nobody else had. Thought the answer must have been obvious to everyone but me.

Take a drink every time someone says brand here:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I think Sasha just kind of went with the chants. Like when she first turned heel she just called herself The Boss. And I'm no girl but even I could tell those hair extensions looked kinda cheap. Within a few weeks, fans started chanting "ratchet!" at her so she went with it and put more rhinestones on her coat, got those ridiculous sunglasses and acted a bit more ghetto. Ratchet girls are pretty much the US equivalent of skangers or Essex Girls - spray-tanned, lots of make-up, ratty extensions, lots of gold, scantily clad. Though I loved the duelling "Sasha's Ratchet!", "no she's not!" chant

The Fatal 4 Way was really good. Tyler Breeze kind of felt like the spare part though. He was the only one that didn't come out of the match looking like a title contender. The facials between Neville and Sami were great. If they go for a full-on program between the two, I'd be happy. Even if Neville is this impressive high flyer, I'd like to see him as a heel. Sami is just naturally the more likeable guy so I feel fans would side with him during their feud

I was super-pissed that they welshed on the Hair vs Hair deal. Sylvester is so hammy, so his reactions to a haircut would be priceless. Though for everyone's personal safety, NEVER put hair removal cream anywhere near your head. The box warns against it and you could be seriously burned. Though the stuff in the bucket probably wasn't the real thing - the smell in the arena would have been unbearable with that much of it, under the hot lights too

Women's match was good. I actually never liked Bayley when she first got her character. But she has just grown and evolved in the ring so much. At the previous two NXT PPVs, the fans were divided when it came to the Divas. But Bayley had them 100% on her side. Even though she lost, she came out looking like a top Diva. A triple threat women's feud looks to be next. People are suggesting Charlotte will drop the belt to Sasha, who will then feud with Bayley while Charlotte goes to the main roster. Big No to that because we've already seen Bayley/Sasha plenty of times already. And Charlotte is nowhere near ready for the main roster

Will watch the second hour of the show again this weekend. Initially really disappointed with Bayley losing. Was hoping that they were going to do a No Way Out 2004 rerun with Charlotte as Brock, Bayley as Eddie and Sasha as Goldberg. Leading to an emotional Bayley title win.

However going by NXT post-show and the NXT tapings they are going with a slow burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

It's only Charlotte's second title defence and there's a significant lack of heels on NXT for Bayley to feud with - she and Sasha are in double figures with the amount of singles matches they've had now. They seem to want Bayley presented as an underdog - that's how the match was booked anyway. Having her win the title outright would have been a bit too cheap. Plus they have good matches, so more would be nice

Not having her win was the right move imo. Charlotte looks a good champion and Bayley lost nothing in defeat. Botchy moonsault aside, it was a very solid match.

The crowd are behind her big time and when she does win it, it'll be a great moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

J. Marston wrote: »

Ken-ta! > Hid-e-o!

"Let's Go Cena..... Hid-e-o!!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Should we be Expecting him to be known as Itami

"Let's Go Cena..... Hid-e-o!!"

I'm just reading that as going along the lines of "Hidey Hidey Hidey Ho". Or maybe in Mr Hankey's style "Hidey Ho"

And i haven't even seen Blues Brothers lately

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm just reading that as going along the lines of "Hidey Hidey Hidey Ho". Or maybe in Mr Hankey's style "Hidey Ho"

And i haven't even seen Blues Brothers lately

Excellent reference, in fairness. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Catching up a bit of NXT.

Not sure what the consensus is on Big Cas but in think he is light-years behind Enzo in terms of superstar appeal and charisma. I know he is 6 ft 10 but his size doesn't seem a big whoop by any chance.

Advertisement