Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advanced entry Trinity

• 11-09-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi guys, I did my Leaving Cert this summer and applied to read TSM at TCD this year yet didn't receive a place.

So now I'm thinking of a transfer for entry to the second year at Trinity college, i.e. start from Sept 2015.

I'd thank you all in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

TSM Maths (as of about 2 years ago) did Analysis I & II, Linear Algebra, Advanced Calculus and Group Theory. Analysis I was a double module so it was six 5-credit modules. I'd imagine they would be quite difficult to supplement in a pure economics degree as they are purely mathematical subjects with no real link to econ? Although I have no idea of the system in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 VCX

Ash_M wrote: »
    TSM Maths (as of about 2 years ago) did Analysis I & II, Linear Algebra, Advanced Calculus and Group Theory. Analysis I was a double module so it was six 5-credit modules. I'd imagine they would be quite difficult to supplement in a pure economics degree as they are purely mathematical subjects with no real link to econ? Although I have no idea of the system in UCD.

Thank you very much indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

VCX wrote: »
    Thank you very much indeed. I received an offer of TR207 today with the help of Susan Power! I wish to know how does the distribution of credits go? i.e. 50% for economics, 50% for math. Do you have the choice of electives..? In UCD, it’s like 50 credits on the modules, 10 on electives. And when is the start date of semester one(lectures) for first year undergrads in TCD? Sorry the info on the website confuses me alot. Again, thank you for your help!

Lectures begin on the 22nd. Freshers Week is next week and there will be some orientation stuff for each course on during the week (course meetings, opportunities to meet tutors etc) and the timetables for Freshers Week can be found on the Orientation section of the TCD site.

We don't normally have electives in TCD. Some courses do a Broad Curriculum module (one elective) normally in 2nd or 3rd Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

Lolling at the OP's inability to navigate TCD's website despite presumeably scoring 550+. Equal credits till fourth year; no choice until third year; option to take a Broad Curriculum module (5 credits) in third year.

Details of maths modules... http://www.maths.tcd.ie/undergraduate/tsm/index.php

Details of economics modules... https://www.tcd.ie/Economics/undergraduate/tsm/modules/

Details of Broad Curriculum modules... https://www.tcd.ie/Broad_Curriculum/cross-faculty-modules/outlines.php

bscm wrote: »
    Lectures begin on the 22nd. Freshers Week is next week and there will be some orientation stuff for each course on during the week (course meetings, opportunities to meet tutors etc) and the timetables for Freshers Week can be found on the Orientation section of the TCD site.

We don't normally have electives in TCD. Some courses do a Broad Curriculum module (one elective) normally in 2nd or 3rd Year.

Thank you this is indeed very helpful :)

• Advertisement

Lolling at the OP's inability to navigate TCD's website despite presumeably scoring 550+. Equal credits till fourth year; no choice until third year; option to take a Broad Curriculum module (5 credits) in third year.

Haha I know.. :-) Thank you for the links!

Advertisement