Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will dethrone Brock?

• 27-08-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭

For me smart money is on Reigns. They need a new main eventer, Punk is gone, Cena is 37 and no cert that Bryan will be 100 per cent when he returns.
    Reigns seems to be the obvious choice for me. I suspect a Rumble win and then he conquers Brock at Mania.

I wouldn't be to annoyed with it, Reigns is decent enough and I'd like to see Cena turning into more of a special attraction type worker.

Who does Brock lose to? 83 votes

Reigns
    0% 0 votes
    Cena
    42% 35 votes
    Bryan
    18% 15 votes
    Ambrose
    20% 17 votes
    Cesaro
    2% 2 votes
    Slater
    7% 6 votes
    Sheamus.
    6% 5 votes
    Brie Bella.
    3% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The Rock at WM maybe? Brock surely won't hold the title that long though..

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

#BrieMode

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Reigns is most likely. I'll be fine with anybody but Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The Rock at WM maybe? Brock surely won't hold the title that long though..

Totally forgot about him! I think they are cost cutting like mad with the Network doing poorly, so I dunno if they would be able to afford to get Rocky back.

Actually now I think about it, Undertaker business wise could work, definitely money to be made in a rematch. Obviously Taker would not hang around to long if he did, but I'd reckon Vince could persuade him into staying for Extreme Rules to drop the belt?

Still think Reigns would be the less stressful and less expensive option though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They need to build new stars.

Having the Rock do it would be idiotic.

Any of Bryan, Reigns or Ambrose would be grand.

My money is on Reigns.

And older guy doing it is a total waste. Whoever does it, it will make their career.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sorry for all the dreamers in this thread but Cena is the obvious answer; with Bryan as secondary if (and I agree it's a big if) he can get well. I could also see a returning CM Punk as a candidate (i.e. he gets his WM31 headline match for returning) or even Orton (to shove him down our throats once again) but that's about it.

Cena will need his win after all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It certainly is a great debate.

If it is to springboard somebody is usurping the most dominant wrestling in WWE history, the man that broke the streak Braaaack Lesner greater than “being the one that beat the one to make it 21 and 1”.

Really hope isn't Bryan. Really hope it is Reigns.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It certainly is a great debate.

If it is to springboard somebody is usurping the most dominant wrestling in WWE history, the man that broke the streak Braaaack Lesner greater than “being the one that beat the one to make it 21 and 1”.

Really hope isn't Bryan. Really hope it is Reigns.

Why?

Reigns has flopped in his singles push imo. Yes these things take time and he hasn't been helped by some sub par feuds and booking but this Superman bs bores the jaysus out of me.

It's not enough for me to be told he's the next big star and accept it. He needs to convince me. He can't even cut a promo ffs.

Bryan vs Brock is a classic David vs Goliath story. It makes sense for DB to get a rematch for the title he never lost and for the Authority to back Brock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Time to start building Cesaro as the Beast Killer. He's not anywhere near pushed enough as is. Winning the Andre Battle Royal should have been a springboard to bigger and better things.

Imagine Cesaro swinging Brock at Mania! They could go suplex for suplex. Id argue that Cesaro is stronger than Brock too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm hoping for Bryan, Cesaro would be my second choice (though to call it unlikely feels like an understatement).

I'll feel pissed if it's Reigns, I still don't like him all that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Reigns has flopped in his singles push imo.

I don't see how something that's barely started can flop. How he's received around Royal Rumble time will be the only indicator. Besides, much to his detractors' delight, as it has been proven repeatedly:

As long as Cena's around, everyone else can aspire to be #2 at best.

I wonder what'd happen if Reigns derailed a la Orton in 2004 and who'd replace him. I guess Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

The Big Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

We had the underdog David VS Goliath story with the months long YES-movement. I enjoyed the authority/Bryan and the pay off at WM 30 was brill but I feel a feud between Brock/Bryan could be a bit samesy.

Let’s have Reigns. Let's have Goliath VS Goliath. Give it a go dose of Brock destruction to the “lionhearted” Reigns. Roll on ten years of Cena 1.2 overcoming the odds.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I don't see how something that's barely started can flop. How he's received around Royal Rumble time will be the only indicator. Besides, much to his detractors' delight, as it has been proven repeatedly:

As long as Cena's around, everyone else can aspire to be #2 at best.

I wonder what'd happen if Reigns derailed a la Orton in 2004 and who'd replace him. I guess Cena.

I did quantify the statement :P

Daniel Bryan or Ambrose will fill the spot if he does a "Randy Orton" imo.

Cena would be a terrible choice and fans would complete crap on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Please let it be Daniel Bryan. Let Reigns face his cousin. He's not deserving of a Brock type push

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have no doubt they are building Lesnar up like this just to have Reigns beat him at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

I'd like brock to be given a long and dominant run, maybe until wrestlemania 32 then a loss to a properly built up cesaro or ambrose. I'd like it to be shown that brock can't be stopped by the likes of cena and orton first. That makes the eventual defeat to the next big star mean so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Philiminator

I think that plan A is Rock v Brock and if the Rock doesn't wanna do it, its Brock vs Reigns at Wrestlemania. Seeing that Nikki Bella has turned, it would make sense from a storyline perspective for Cena to do the same and have sort of a couple rivalry thing going on. But Cena's not gonna change his character because of the kids and to the traditional fan, he's been incredibly stale for the past 5 years characterwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    The Big Guy
    As much as I despised him when he was a serious character, I kind of like funny Ryback and think this would be the funniest thing ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ideally for me it'd be Cesaro but they seem to have ruined his push. I hope it's not Cena in a few weeks, it probably will be in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I'd love it to be a platform to make a new star, or Bryan's comeback. But will the WWE just leave Cena as a victim in a feud or even reduce him to running interference in whoever does get to topple Brock?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Can't see past Reigns or Bryan

Ambrose or Cesaro would be great but I really don't think the WWE would do that

Im pretty confident this answer will be correct... who will dethrone Brock? The Rumble winner will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

All signs point to Reigns.
    But let's be honest it's WWE we're talking about. They'll go down the Roman Reigns path for the next couple of months. It'll all point to Reigns vs Lensar at Wrestlemania. But I wouldn't be suprised that come January they'll change direction. They've done it so many times before.

Reigns will probably be booked against Triple H or something stupid and it'll probably be Cena and Lensar yet again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Reigns is the plan but I could see WWE losing confidence in him as Roman isn't exactly over delivering currently.

Daniel Bryan or Dean Ambrose could be the Bret Hart.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Batista? If Reigns isnt over enoughh by mania I reckon Batista as a face-tweener could do it. Chance for WWE to cash in on his movie fame albeit for a short run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Cliche answer but really, anybody but Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

rovert wrote: »
    Reigns is the plan but I could see WWE losing confidence in him as Roman isn't exactly over delivering currently.

Daniel Bryan or Dean Ambrose could be the Bret Hart.

Roman will need a version of the Lex Express so, how about the Reigns Train?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Reigns is most likely. I'll be fine with anybody but Cena.
    Cliche answer but really, anybody but Cena.

So you guys would be OK with santino, fandango, Adam rose, spud ending it. Khali or big show...remember show was the first person to beat Lesnar back in 2002.

Triple h or taker would also be worse and rock beating lesnar would be a complete waste.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

rossie1977 wrote: »
    So you guys would be OK with santino, fandango, Adam rose, spud ending it.

Santino had to retire from in-ring action during the summer. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maybe he was just playing the long game, biding his time to win the title from Brock :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

rossie1977 wrote: »
    So you guys would be OK with santino, fandango, Adam rose, spud ending it. Khali or big show...

We'll if you want to be that pedantic sure I'll beat Lesnar for the title myself since I also qualify as "anybody but Cena". :pac:

Seriously though I fear it could happen after that farce on this weeks RAW (Cena beating Lesnar that is, not me).

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Can we add Slater to this pole

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can we add Slater to this pole

He's already on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Loughc wrote: »
    He's already on it!

My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jd1594

So it's pretty certain Rollins isn't cashing in on Brock?

I've a feeling Rollins is going to lose his cash in, not sure why, but I just can't see a heel Rollins with the title by June next year. So I've a feeling he might lose it to Lesnar during this unbeatable monster run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I guess this means Lesnar will be winning at Night of Champions? Makes sense that he does tbh, especially if they want to push him as some monster. Cena doesn't need the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

it will probably be Reigns. which I'm not sure I like to be honest. great talent and presence but he's been booked as unstoppable the last few weeks and I dunno if I could put up with that for the next few months too. we already have one Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Would love it be Jericho one more reign for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Taker and then he retires as champ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

ricero wrote: »
    Taker and then he retires as champ

It would take some seriously good writing to pull that off well. Plus Taker would really need to bulk up again and actually look ready to fight as opposed to WM30.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He'll leave before he loses again

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

He'll leave before he loses again

You reckon? That'd be cool, but it'd only really serve to make Brock look good though.
    It'd make sense to use his momentum to put someone over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Surely rollins should be on that poll? I know slater and brie bella are joke answers but in fairness rollins is holding the mitb briefcase and could cash in at any time: RAW beatdown by Cena who finally snaps?
    Not likely in fairness if not Reigns then I would hope Lesnar will retain far into the future. Like the idea of a long term, part time champ imo adds a lot of prestige to the belt.
    All that said if it is Reigns they need to do a hell of a lot of work with him between now and WM31

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Deadlie wrote: »
    You reckon? That'd be cool, but it'd only really serve to make Brock look good though.
    It'd make sense to use his momentum to put someone over.
    I mean that in the sense he'd get pissy and leave at some point before Mania. A long shot but there's hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Hope they feed Orton to Lesnar. Wouldn't mind seeing Orton getting a kicking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

veganrun wrote: »
    Hope they feed Orton to Lesnar. Wouldn't mind seeing Orton getting a kicking :)

You can bet your ass Orton wouldn't no-sell the beating a week later like Cena anyway, that's for sure

Orton v Brock is something we've never seen before either(not counting the SD match in 2002!). It'd be a fresh feud and imagine Heyman's rants on Orton. :pac:

Advertisement