Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

avoiding flatness after ghd-ing?

• 05-02-2009 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

i have quite fine hair so whenever i ghd my hair straight after blowdrying, its really flat on top compared to the bottom (think 'pop idol' hair)

id love a bit more body/thickness at the roots. i have curly hair normally so blowdrying it upside down isnt really an option cos then its a fuzzy nightmare!

anyone had the same prob? do you back comb, or have a different method of drying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

If i straighten my whole head with the ghd my hair looks very flat!!
    What I usually do is blast my hair with the hair dryer until its 90% dry then section it off and use a ceramic barrell brush with the hairdryer to blowdry it straight! At the roots of my hair i pull upwards with the brush while drying!!
    After that my hair is generally straight but if i want it any straighter i will just use the ghd but keep away from the top of my head!! This usually works for me!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Josie_dub

Used to have this problem myself. I just use simple rollers. Like the ones your mam used to use back in the 80's:D

Stick a few under the top layer of your hair about half an hour to an hour before going out. Gives a nice lift at the root without messing up the rest of your hair. Sometmes if I'm in a rush I just run the hair dryer over them quickly to get it working faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

ive noticed this recently with my hair aswell... best way around it for me to to only GHD from half way down my hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Sowra

ok cool ill give that a shot thanks!

i dont know if i can get away with just ghd ing it halfway turn cos my hair is pretty curly but ill give it a go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

I blow dry my hair using a barrell brush lifting it up at the roots to give volume,you need a thin nozzle on your hair dry for the best effect,then i ghd my hair but not from the root just a little down so it keeps the volume and is straight.You could try using some vlumising mousse before you dry your hair aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

My best advice would be to spray some hairspray lightly around the top of the head, backcomb the top layer and then style it a little. Back combing is such a handy way to add volume. If you are unsure how to backcomb, check out Youtube for some videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I use a volumising mousse to make my hair big, then GHD it down again so it just looks a bit big. I backcomb for a night out after GHDing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LMulhaire

Apparently James Brown (Kate Moss' bessie-mate and hairdresser) sprays hairspray onto his fingertips and then massages into the roots of dry hair. Could be worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Grab sections of hair at the roots and twist the ghd (sort of like you were making ghd curls) and it will lift the roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

blowdry your hair straight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

some people, like myself, can't blowday their hair straight, its too thick and would take too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Sowra wrote: »
    i have quite fine hair so whenever i ghd my hair straight after blowdrying, its really flat on top compared to the bottom (think 'pop idol' hair)

id love a bit more body/thickness at the roots. i have curly hair normally so blowdrying it upside down isnt really an option cos then its a fuzzy nightmare!

anyone had the same prob? do you back comb, or have a different method of drying?

Spray some Bumble and Bumble 'surf spray' on at the roots, blowdry your hair upside down, then GHD. The roots will retain the volume if you start straightening about two inches from the roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sparewheel

i spray my hair with a bit of fructis spray gel and then backcomb it works an absolute treat!

Advertisement