Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More 911 (Split from Obama Deception)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭hkcharlie

humanji wrote: »
    Here's a link to a lot of the quotes that were heard and what the people actually meant:

http://www.debunking911.com/quotes.htm

We've already talked about the use punctuation and the interpretation of the written word.
    That is why I provide the links to the videos at the start, because it's from the horses mouth for all to see.
    Where is the section in that site that debunks the video's I put on display?

You took the first sentence from bonkys explanation about the term "pull", which out of context can be used to back up your claims, and discarded the rest of the explanation that said:

So either a) you only bothered to read the first sentence on the matter therefore calling into doubt your research capabilities. b) you did it on purpose to twist the argument in your favour (kinda fitting given your argument is in defence of Loose Change et all c) its a brilliant form of satire and you are in fact taking the piss out of the whole "truthers" movement or d) well, lets not say anything that might get me banned....

The reason was, because I had another life outside of this one that was calling and I thought I wouldn't leave it unanswered, seeing as he sounded so desperate about it.

Yes you are right, I missed the full quote, I rushed my answer. However, the answer is there or there abouts.

The word "pull" has never been in my vocab before 9/11 to mean anything more than to grab something and bring it closer, a word used in launching clay pigeons, or something I would endeavor to do on a weekend with a pretty girl.
    Which of these do you think Larry meant in relation to his building?

PS: keep d) to yourself and don't be so rude as to suggest it!

meglome wrote: »
    So we're just ignoring what we don't want to hear then?
    no, you are ignoring the hundreds of arguements under each blog that save me or anyone else having to do it here.
    Weeks and maybe months, in a full building. So other than it's basically impossible to actually do this in full building and have no one see anything?
    so you are saying that it came down of it's own accord then?
    Links have been provided to show that's not the case.
    not exclusively, no they haven't. Links have been included to debunking sites, that debunk everything, but no one has been good enough to provide the video where the fireman say "you know what, actually it looked like it pancaked rather than exploded"
    Using a term that has never been used for controlled demolition.
    Larry obviously thought that he was taking his building on a date, he does look a little crazy!
    Well now that most of what you believe has been shown to be not as you thought, what now? More changing the topic?
    No one has changed the topic, but if you are convinced you have covered all bases, let me ask you this question:

Was the invasion of Iraq justified suitably at the time?

King Mob wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that Larry Silverstien was referring to the operation to save the building when he said pull it. It's pretty obvious if you watch or listen to the entire interview and don't take the quote out of context.

Why else would he tell a firefighter to "pull it"?

Why would a firefighter be in charge of a controlled demolition while at the same time fighting a fire in the same building?

Oh and the fact it only very superficially resembles a controlled demolition but lack the actual characteristics of a controlled demolition.

If you can provide the full interview I'd love to see it again. I saw it once about 3 years back online and now I can't find it anymore.
    If you can post here, I'd happily watch it again with an open mind.

*actually I've just watched a few clips of the same exert again and sorry, no, "lets pull it, they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse" I'm pretty sure he meant demolish the building, but if you really think the rest of the interview disproves this, I'd still ike to see it.*

Not to mention the fact that Larry Silverstein is not a contolled demolitions expert and would most likely not know of terms such as "pull it"
    Unless of course he had been talking to demolition experts.
    Having said that, is it possible that a man that owns these kind of buildings might know the terms used to flatten one before building another?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

hkcharlie wrote: »
    If you can provide the full interview I'd love to see it again. I saw it once about 3 years back online and now I can't find it anymore.
    If you can post here, I'd happily watch it again with an open mind.

*actually I've just watched a few clips of the same exert again and sorry, no, "lets pull it, they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse" I'm pretty sure he meant demolish the building, but if you really think the rest of the interview disproves this, I'd still ike to see it.*

Actually the full quote is :
    Larry wrote:
    "I remember getting a call from the fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse."

From here: http://wtc7lies.googlepages.com/larrysilverstein%27s%22pullit%22quote

To summarize:
    He was talking to a fire department chief.
    He was referring to the operation to save the building for the fire they were fighting.
    He didn't make the decision to "pull it" it was most likely the fire chief he was talking to.

So why would he give the order to demolish a building to the FDNY?
    Why would he refer to a loss of life when there was no one in WTC7 when it did collapse?
    And most importantly, why would he admit this on camera for a freely available documentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

No spin and yes I agree with your interpretation enough for this instance.

So do you agree that the video you linked is not evidence of any sort that they knew the building was going to be demolished?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The word "pull" has never been in my vocab before 9/11 to mean anything more than to grab something and bring it closer, a word used in launching clay pigeons, or something I would endeavor to do on a weekend with a pretty girl.
    Which of these do you think Larry meant in relation to his building?

PS: keep d) to yourself and don't be so rude as to suggest it!

To grab something and bring it closer:
    Perhaps he was talking about the effort to put out the fires. 'Pull it' may have meant to pull the firemen out of the building and to let the fires burn and the building collapse with no people inside

Also, as someone already said, the only time 'pull' is used in controlled demolitions is when a building or part thereof is pulled off its axis by the use of large cables, something which obviously did not happen, as the building fell more or less straight down, and there were no rigs with cables attached to the building which would have been capable of doing so, particularly if the structure hadn't already been severely weakened by the fire and damage from falling debris. Rigs with cables to pull down such a structure would also have been damaged by the collapse of the Twin Towers.

so you are saying that it came down of it's own accord then?

Prolonged exposure to fire, damage from debris of 2 skyscrapers collapsing in the vicinity, flaw in the structural design. And these reasons are not mutually exclusive. It was a combination of all 3.

Undergod wrote: »
    So do you agree that the video you linked is not evidence of any sort that they knew the building was going to be demolished?
    who is they ?
    I think we are agreed "what they (the firemen) saw was similar to a building being demolished with explosives."
    And if anyone should know what that looks like, the firemen should.

who is they ?
    I think we are agreed "what they (the firemen) saw was similar to a building being demolished with explosives."
    And if anyone should know what that looks like, the firemen should.

Why would that be? Firemen don't demolish buildings.
    And why is the collapse of WTC7 not like a demolition at all when you look at in anyway closely?

• Advertisement

So if he meant
    to pull the firemen out of the building
    do you think he would have said
    pull the firemen out of the building
    as opposed to "pull it"?
    Or maybe he just meant "pull the other one"?

Also, as someone already said, the only time 'pull' is used in controlled demolitions is when a building or part thereof is pulled off its axis by the use of large cables, something which obviously did not happen, as the building fell more or less straight down
    ... yes it fell more or less straight down into it's own footprint, exactly like a controlled demolition.
    Prolonged exposure to fire, damage from debris of 2 skyscrapers collapsing in the vicinity, flaw in the structural design. And these reasons are not mutually exclusive. It was a combination of all 3.
    .... and because of all three of these, it collapsed into it's own footprint, much the same as a controlled demolition, but it wasn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Your post #10 in this thread implies to me that the firemen had been told beforehand and were aware that it was going to be demolished. Do you agree that the video does is not evidence of that?

They said "as if they planned" or "as if they were planted", not "like they planned", the quote which you were taking out of context. You were changing the words that they use and the way they deliver them, and that quite honestly is ridiculous.

Also, why would the NYFD be in on it? You think you could tell all those guys that important part of your big conspiracy and it would never get out? If all of the firefighters involved knew?

So if he meant do you think he would have said as opposed to "pull it"?

... yes it fell more or less straight down into it's own footprint, exactly like a controlled demolition.

.... and because of all three of these, it collapsed into it's own footprint, much the same as a controlled demolition, but it wasn't?

Except it didn't fall on it's own footprint.
    b7debris.jpg
    barclay.jpg
    Or exhibit any characteristics of a demolition, like explosions for example.

So if he meant do you think he would have said as opposed to "pull it"?

All I'm saying is that the term 'pull it' can be interpreted in numerous ways. But focusing on that one term, which is taken out of context, which can possibly be attributed to one form of demoltion even though you claim he meant a different form of demolition, said by a man who has no experience in demolition who did not have the authority to order such a thing, is quite frankly ridiculous.

Again, some clarity is needed, I said more or less straight down. I was comparing the collapse relative to collapse by giant rigs pulling the building over by using cables. As King Mobs photos show, it didn't exactly collapse into its own footprint, as controlled demolitions are designed to do. We discussed in a previous thread how, iirc, the 2 neighbouring buildings later had to be demolished due to the damage sustained by the collapse of WTC7.

Do you not think that those 3 factors I stated could have caused WTC7s collapse?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

So if he meant
    to pull the firemen out of the building

do you think he would have said
    pull the firemen out of the building
    as opposed to "pull it"?

By this logic, if he meant "demolish the building using explosives", don't you think he'd have said "demolish the building using explosives" as opposed to "pull it"?
    There's that word like again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

So we have some firemen and I assume others that compared aspects of what they heard to an explosion. Just like the head on car crash I witnessed some years back sounded like an explosion. I have no issue with people saying something was like an explosion. People use similes every day.

But the sounds of controlled demolition are quite distinctive, there are none of these sounds recorded in video, audio or indeed in the seismic record. There were no traces of explosives found in the rubble and the report that thermite was supposedly found is very dubious indeed.

Controlled demolition...

Now let's just say we ignore the lack of evidence for explosives and assume they were used. Let's just look at what the practicalities of using these explosives would be.
    1. It can take weeks to months to prepare a building for controlled demolition so how do you plant tons of explosives in these large full buildings and run cables for these explosives but not one person sees anything?
    2. Even if they could get the people out of the way for a short period of time how are the explosives and cables going to be hidden?
    3. How do you get planes flying 490 and 590mph respectively to crash into the exact spot you've planted the explosives in?
    4. How does this crash not immediately cut the control cables or set the explosives off?
    5. With thermite a spark would set it off so how did the thermite not ignite in the fireball and subsequent fire?

I'm sure there are other practical questions but these are what came off the top of my head.

We discussed in a previous thread how, iirc, the 2 neighbouring buildings later had to be demolished due to the damage sustained by the collapse of WTC7.

Not quite.

The Verizon building was repaired over 3 years, at a cost of 1.4 billion.
    The Post Office was also repaired over 3 years. Not sure of the cost.
    30 west Broadway - just north of WTC7 - was also badly damaged. Its renovation is still ongoing.

the report that thermite was supposedly found is very dubious indeed.

It doesn't matter how dubious it is, to be honest.

We're led to believe that this collapse was an explosive-based demolition, with a large part of that argument being based on the similarities to same.

Thermite is not an explosive, and therefore not used in explosive-based demolition. There is no (known) equivalent "thermite-based demolition", meaning there is nothing thermite-based we can compare it to.

So for thermite to even enter the discussion, all parties must first agree that we are not talking about explosive-based demolition, but rather a form of demolition that we've never seen and have nothing to compare to....which then begs the question of how we can argue that it looks like such an event in the first place.

It also means that we must all accept that the various quotes etc. of people hearing things explode, or saying that something was like an explosion are all out of the game...because thermite isn't an explosive.

bonkey wrote: »
    Not quite.

The Verizon building was repaired over 3 years, at a cost of 1.4 billion.
    The Post Office was also repaired over 3 years. Not sure of the cost.
    30 west Broadway - just north of WTC7 - was also badly damaged. Its renovation is still ongoing.

Really? Sorry, my mistake. I guess I didn't recall correctly :D

I'll have a look at the thread I thought I saw that in later, not enough time now.

I posted a link at some stage...waaaaaay back...which had a nifty site showing what collapsed, what was demolished, what was repaired, and so forth.

I'll see if I can dig it up via search.

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter how dubious it is, to be honest.

We're led to believe that this collapse was an explosive-based demolition, with a large part of that argument being based on the similarities to same.

Thermite is not an explosive, and therefore not used in explosive-based demolition. There is no (known) equivalent "thermite-based demolition", meaning there is nothing thermite-based we can compare it to.

So for thermite to even enter the discussion, all parties must first agree that we are not talking about explosive-based demolition, but rather a form of demolition that we've never seen and have nothing to compare to....which then begs the question of how we can argue that it looks like such an event in the first place.

It also means that we must all accept that the various quotes etc. of people hearing things explode, or saying that something was like an explosion are all out of the game...because thermite isn't an explosive.

I think the reasoning is: "It looks like a demolition. But there are no explosions. Therefore something that doesn't explode must have been used."
    "Thermite doesn't explode, therefore thermite must have been used."

But after read up on the subject I believe there may well have be thermite found in the wreckage.
    As someone pointed out of the forum (I forget who and when), thermite is aluminum and rust ignited by fire.
    Which I think all the WTC buildings had an abundance of.

By this logic, if he meant "demolish the building using explosives", don't you think he'd have said "demolish the building using explosives" as opposed to "pull it"?
    No, because "pull it" is never used to say "lets get out of here" or "get them out" or words to that effect, but it is a demolition term.
    There's that word like again.
    yes the word "like" is used because that is exactly what it was like and that doesn't happen by chance fires, it happens LIKE when a controlled demolition takes place.

No, because "pull it" is never used to say "lets get out of here" or "get them out" or words to that effect, but it is a demolition term.
    Or they pulled out or the operation was pulled. People use pull it/out to describe the abondoning of an operation all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjvlO3PEVz4
    Listen to the firefighters talk about pulling everyone out.

"Pull it" in demolition terms means to pull a building over with cables. This has been stated to you several times.

And why exactly would he admit this on camera in the first place?
    yes the word "like" is used because that is exactly what it was like and that doesn't happen by chance fires, it happens LIKE when a controlled demolition takes place.
    Except it wasn't actually like a controlled demolition at all.

So we have some firemen and I assume others that compared aspects of what they heard to an explosion. Just like the head on car crash I witnessed some years back sounded like an explosion. I have no issue with people saying something was like an explosion. People use similes every day.
    yes they said it was like an explosion and they saw it "popping out like there were detonators or something", yes they say like, because they are finding it hard to believe much the same way you are.

Now let's just say we ignore the lack of evidence for explosives and assume they were used. Let's just look at what the practicalities of using these explosives would be.
    1. It can take weeks to months to prepare a building for controlled demolition so how do you plant tons of explosives in these large full buildings and run cables for these explosives but not one person sees anything?
    2. Even if they could get the people out of the way for a short period of time how are the explosives and cables going to be hidden?
    3. How do you get planes flying 490 and 590mph respectively to crash into the exact spot you've planted the explosives in?
    4. How does this crash not immediately cut the control cables or set the explosives off?
    5. With thermite a spark would set it off so how did the thermite not ignite in the fireball and subsequent fire?

I'm sure there are other practical questions but these are what came off the top of my head.
    1. you've seen the film, who ran the security of the building and who had opportunity to do what they liked in the building on the weeks leading up.
    2.that's really clutching at straws,
    3.the buildings didn't collapse after the planes hit them, they withstood that impact for a very long time, the building was designed to withstand that and it did. Then something else made it fall down.
    4.do you really need cables in this day and age? Setting the explosives off, see 5, but in reality that's a little bit too Hollywood to think like that.
    5.I don't really want to talk about thermite, I really wanted to stick to the facts in the videos I presented, what I like to call the "from the horses mouths" videos. But my answer to this would be that the controlled demolition took place on the levels below the plane crash. Quite simple.

Thermite is not an explosive, ........................

I don't want to talk about thermite, the firemen didn't say "it was like there was thermite or something" they said "explosion".
    Even though, is it not possible that both could be present.
    Your logic that one cannot exist without the other is wrong.

I posted a link at some stage...waaaaaay back...which had a nifty site showing what collapsed, what was demolished, what was repaired, and so forth.

I'll see if I can dig it up via search.

.........it's kind of off point again, but it would be interesting to see which buildings were partially fallen down and which were demolished after the event.

No, because "pull it" is never used to say "lets get out of here" or "get them out" or words to that effect, but it is a demolition term

It is an old demolition term which does not mean what you are saying it does, and it was said in a conversation between one person with no demolition experience and a firefighter.

If explosives were used, why didn't Larry Silverstein say "... so we made the decision to blow it up..."?

Or they pulled out or the operation was pulled. People use pull it/out to describe the abondoning of an operation all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjvlO3PEVz4
    Listen to the firefighters talk about pulling everyone out.
    Thank you for reinforcing my point, the man on the radio says "pull everyone out of there" not "pull it". The only scenario where you would say to another person "pull it" is colloquial and entirely not relevant to this conversation.
    You yourself have not managed to put the term "pull it" into a sentence that backs up your theory of "getting them out of there". I have tried, believe me I have, please show me.
    "Pull it" in demolition terms means to pull a building over with cables. This has been stated to you several times.
    so you think when Larry said "pull it" he meant pull it over? Where's the evidence of that and why didn't he say so when asked to explain himself. Where was the footage of them doing this.
    Pull it, is a demolition term, in all of this there is a video of a man saying "pull it" I think in relation to the WTC6. I'll find it if you can't find it yourself.
    And why exactly would he admit this on camera in the first place?
    I think the term is that he messed up, got caught out etc Why do you think I am talking about this point if it didn't happen?
    Except it wasn't actually like a controlled demolition at all.
    Except there were explosions and several eye witness fireman that were there say that it was like that.

1. you've seen the film, who ran the security of the building and who had opportunity to do what they liked in the building on the weeks leading up.
    3.the buildings didn't collapse after the planes hit them, they withstood that impact for a very long time, the building was designed to withstand that and it did. Then something else made it fall down.
    4.do you really need cables in this day and age? Setting the explosives off, see 5, but in reality that's a little bit too Hollywood to think like that.
    5.I don't really want to talk about thermite, I really wanted to stick to the facts in the videos I presented, what I like to call the "from the horses mouths" videos. But my answer to this would be that the controlled demolition took place on the levels below the plane crash. Quite simple.

1. Have you any idea how much preparation a building must go through for a controlled demolition? Its not a matter of just putting explosives around the building, there must be hundreds of explosives, strategically placed, drilled into walls, connected by miles of cables. The amount of work it takes to do all this could not have gone unnoticed. Not to mention the fact that if they had somehow managed to even get halfway through preparing it in secret, without anyone noticing, do you realise how volitile explosives are? Anything could have set one off accidently.

2. Again, they could not be hidden. This is not clutching at straws, it is simple logic. You can't even walk through a building prepared for demolition without having to duck under cables, walk over cables, notice giant holes which suddenly appeared in the wall etc.

3. The building was hit by planes, and didn't fall straight away, jet-fuel fires burned at temperatures of I think about 800 degrees. Steel is weakened at 600. The fireproofing on the steel would have been compromised by the fact that A PLANE HIT IT. Weakened steel structure = building collapse.

4. Yes, you really need cables. As I said before, it would take very little to set the explosives off. In 2001, the number of people who would have been using mobile phones in a building like that would have definitely blown it if a method other than cables was used, and theres probably a good chance it would have blown it even if cables were used. I have actually worked with explosives and had to leave my mobile phone in my locker.

5. This video clearly shows WTC2 collapsing at the floors where the plane hit, which corroborates the conclusion of the steel frame collapsing due to damage and fires on those floors
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTutneLXup0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

yes they said it was like an explosion and they saw it "popping out like there were detonators or something", yes they say like, because they are finding it hard to believe much the same way you are.

Sure I've no problem with them comparing an event which they've never seen anything like before to something else. Funnily it reminds me of the this head-on car crash I witnessed which sounded like an explosion, I'd never seen anything like it before. Really sounded like an explosion, pretty amazing actually.

So George Bush personally ran the security did he? Or perhaps it was a bunch of ordinary blue collar slobs? You don't think it would be extremely odd that the chairman of a corporation was wondering around with at odd hours and no one would notice? But you're so far from the reality of what it takes to place explosives and cable a building for controlled demolition it's laughable.

He he he. So it's clutching at straws to ask how you hide tons of explosives in a full building never mind how you'd even site them in the first place. All of the WTC buildings had thousands of people in them. The explosives would have to be put next to the support beams, so holes would have to be cut all over the place. Cables would have to be run all over the place. Let's get real.

Yes the buildings collapsed hours after the planes crashed into them. That's exactly the point. The building collapsed from where the planes hit. So if there was explosives involved why didn't the explosives go off in the crash and subsequent fire? Why weren't the cables cut? And no matter how hot it actually was in the fires it was very hot, at least 600 degrees+ and a fraction of that would set off explosives.

The buildings were designed for damage from a 707 which is considerably smaller than a 767. They were working on the basis this would be an accident so the plane wouldn't be travelling between 490 and 590mph either. Although in fairness if you want to show me a comparison of a similar building being hit by the jet and not collapsing I'll happily watch.

The buildings were huge the fire-fighters couldn't even reach other properly on their radios. We haven't even got any evidence of explosives to begin with so it's a mute point.

Ah okay. What facts? that people said some things were like other things?

So do we find residue of explosives? No. Do we have any way all these tons of explosives could be planted? No. Can we figure out why they wouldn't go off in the actual crashes and fires? No. Do we have any recorded sounds or seismic record of controlled demolition? No. But we have a few people who used some similes to describe what happened. Yes, Quite simple. :o

Did you watch the video of the controlled demolition I attached? The charges are distinct and clear as day as they go off. Go watch the hundreds of controlled demolition videos on the internet and you'll hear the same thing. But strangely not at the WTC, which is usually why thermite is rolled out.

Advertisement