Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tax clearance cert/spouse loan question

• 11-03-2015 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi, not sure if this is the correct area to post this question so apologies if it isnt.
    i am self employed and dont currently have a tax clearance cert as i am in an agreed repayment structure with the sheriff. i wont be able to get a cert for a good while the way things are looking.
    now i need a new car, i could get the funds in the credit union as i have decent saving and repayment history, but they need a TCC. my wife isnt in the credit union. if she was to apply to a bank for a car loan or organise car finance in a dealer in her own name will my situation impact on her likelihood of getting the funds?
    i dont want her to go through with the applications if it is likely to have an impact as it would be a bit embarrasing for her and she wouldnt want people in the area knowing i am struggling.
    i appreciate any advice.
    richie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

hi, not sure if this is the correct area to post this question so apologies if it isnt.
    i am self employed and dont currently have a tax clearance cert as i am in an agreed repayment structure with the sheriff. i wont be able to get a cert for a good while the way things are looking.
    now i need a new car, i could get the funds in the credit union as i have decent saving and repayment history, but they need a TCC. my wife isnt in the credit union. if she was to apply to a bank for a car loan or organise car finance in a dealer in her own name will my situation impact on her likelihood of getting the funds?
    i dont want her to go through with the applications if it is likely to have an impact as it would be a bit embarrasing for her and she wouldnt want people in the area knowing i am struggling.
    i appreciate any advice.
    richie

Two things - should you be buying a car if you are struggling? Are you doing it to keep up with the joneses?
    Also how much do you owe revenue out of the total debt? If you have paid more than 40% of what's due you should get tax clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

thanks for the reply,
    i will check with my accountant with regards to the money owed to see if it is now possible to get a tax clearance.
    our car is starting to cost us too much to run and parts are needing replacing so we are looking at a small upgrade, nothing flash at all.
    while i am stuggling a bit my wife has a good,secure job. i plan to sell the business in the next few months and should have the funds to clear my debts. so i am not in a dire situation but if my wife is in a local garage and turned down for finance due to my situation...it would possibly create gossip.
    but if i still cant get a tax clearance cert is she able to get her own loan or will i affect her chances?
    thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

For a loan Like this I would be surprised if she didn't get finance if she has a good job and all that. Try a dealer a bit further away if you are worried about locals knowing. You would be surprised how common this problem is and car dealers to dealing with it. If you only have problems with revenue then flyer credit rating should be good.

Advertisement