Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork - Sarsfield road roundabout - crime capital of ireland

• 06-08-2010 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Every day I hit the Sarsfield road roundabout heading east at about 5:15pm. I am passing straight through so I patiently wait in my lane.

Every single day there are sooo many people taking the hard shoulder all the way from Bandon road roundabout all the way to sarsfield - and proceed to drive straight through in the left turning lane only.

A couple of times I have seen those useless arses - what are they called - oh yes, garda - stop people driving up the hard shoulder. But that is in all fairness socially accepted, it's wide enough! - if they are actually turning left that is.

What noone likes is people skipping 15 min worth of queue to go straight ahead.

But sure we've even seen the fine minister o'keeffe's driver taking him up the hard shoulder to go straight ahead so why should we mortals oblige any rules of the road?

Garda.... you suck at doing your job...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

dantastic wrote: »
    Every day I hit the Sarsfield road roundabout heading east at about 5:15pm. I am passing straight through so I patiently wait in my lane.

Every single day there are sooo many people taking the hard shoulder all the way from Bandon road roundabout all the way to sarsfield - and proceed to drive straight through in the left turning lane only.

A couple of times I have seen those useless arses - what are they called - oh yes, garda - stop people driving up the hard shoulder. But that is in all fairness socially accepted, it's wide enough! - if they are actually turning left that is.

What noone likes is people skipping 15 min worth of queue to go straight ahead.

But sure we've even seen the fine minister o'keeffe's driver taking him up the hard shoulder to go straight ahead so why should we mortals oblige any rules of the road?

Garda.... you suck at doing your job...

Ranting and raving forum >>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

SARASON wrote: »
    Ranting and raving forum >>>>>>>>>

Cork Forum <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Berty wrote: »
    Cork Forum <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Way :D

Naah Berty were all stone mad about Batt O keefe over there..:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Cork drivers says it all really. Best stick to these tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

when i saw the title i thought people were getting murdered there ,but its the very same as every other busy junction in ireland what a relief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

dantastic wrote: »
    A couple of times I have seen those useless arses - what are they called - oh yes, garda
    Criticizing the actions/inaction of certain Gardaí is fine, but insulting all Gardaí isn't.

Sarsfield roundabout is bad enough but the bandon road roundabout is much worse. The amount of idiots that you see on a daily basis on that roundabout is truly mind boggling. People just seem to completely ignore the lights. They drive through red lights and block three lanes of traffic that has the right of way. F**king idiots :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

How does the third part of the title have anything to do with this thread :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

How does the third part of the title have anything to do with this thread :confused:

I assume it "criminal" they way people are treating this roundabout. Traffic in Cork and Galway are the worst in this country so people tend to do what the feck they like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

you should take him on a trip round the hood :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Stupid and misleading thread title. These road traffic offenses are not Criminal.

Anan1 wrote: »
    Criticizing the actions/inaction of certain Gardaí is fine, but insulting all Gardaí isn't.

Yet again I saw a squad car (this time unmarked) transporting folks home from a night out in Cork City. I honestly reckon it's a scandalous abuse of state resources. That and f***tards tampering with life buoys really boils my p1ss.

Advertisement