Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi warning light

Options
  • 20-06-2008 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭

Ok, so i drove from shannon to dublin today in m '99 TDI A4, not a bother from the car so long as ive had it, and not a bother this journey either, but i drove straight to the blanch centre went in for half an hour,came out, tried to start the thing and an amber warning light, a car with a key beside it, came on?

The car revs to about a thousand rpm and then just cuts out?

Im an apprentice aircraft mechanic and do all the servicing mself but i have never gotten the interval reset, could this be the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Must be an immobiliser fault or a fault with the actual key you are using. Do you have a spare key to try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

yep, i tried both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Defo sounds like an immobiliser/key problem. Not defo, but try turning the ignition on and watching the light - does it stay solid or does it flash a specific number of times or in a specific pattern? It may be telling you what the fault is.

Not sure if that works on Audi, I know it happens on some other cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

well its definitely not recognising the key. You could try disconnecting the battery and connecting it again if you know your radio code. otherwise I guess you need to get it on a diagnostic computer.
    Certainly nothing to do with your diy service. If your an aircraft tech. Im sure your work is to a 'little' higher standard than any garage.

Advertisement