Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

www.cargiant.ie anyone ever used these to import car

Options
  • 28-04-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone here has ever used www.cargiant.ie to import a car from england.

Thinking of doing this due to the great exchange rate now with the sterling.

If i was to buy this car before July

http://www.cargiant.ie/BMW/details.asp?Id=377808#

would i just have to pay normal Tax due to it being a second hand car, and what happens when july comes does my car tax change because i imported it?

Would i be better of waiting to import a car from england after July?

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

There are loads of threads on both cargiant and importing.Please do a search before making the post. Anyway you'd prob be better off importing it pre July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Have no doubt that that car would be gone before you got there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I bought my car in cargiant a couple of years ago and it was a great experience.

You won't believe it until you see it, the sheer scale and choice on offer is unreal.

The BMW section alone is gargantuan.

They are also well used to dealing with paddies and know the score (in terms of
    the documents you need to take away with you etc.).

When I was there they told me at that stage they were selling to about 5-10 irish people a DAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Was in Car Giant last year to look at a few cars. They do have a massive selection it gives a new meaning to the term car supermarket you simply go to a certain section of the lot to the manufacturer you desire. They have many different versions and models to choose from. BUT you do pay over the odds as far as I can see. You dont get a discount for and have have to pay a 91 pound admin fee. I bought a car in manchester off autotrader and got 600 sterling off the asking for cash deal only 2 hours or so to get to Holyhead.

Advertisement