Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Trainee Salary

Options
  • 13-03-2015 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

What do graduate trainees usually earn? What exactly is the norm? I've had 3 offers, all different locations (2 regional and one for Dublin) and all have had different Salaries... Can anyone shed any light on this? I've looked at some of the salary surveys for 2015, but to be honest they're pretty vague.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

What do graduate trainees usually earn? What exactly is the norm? I've had 3 offers, all different locations (2 regional and one for Dublin) and all have had different Salaries... Can anyone shed any light on this? I've looked at some of the salary surveys for 2015, but to be honest they're pretty vague.

What, you mean they are going to pay you :D

As long as the salary is enough to live off, I would not worry about it. It is far more important to consider the experience and training you will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

Starting salaries for big 4 in Dublin are around 22k, regionals normally offer less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Smaller Dublin based firms tend to range from 18-22k. Normally closer to the 18 mark though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I couldn't survive on less than 20k in Dublin and thats a little more than what the small forms offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Thank god you don't want to work as tax only I have seen starting salaries start at 16k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Finance Grad 2015

Yes, one offer from a large Industry leader was only 18k - which is fine for regional counties etc - but I couldn't afford to live there for that.

Another regional offer I got was for 18k but no exam expenses, and just one day study leave per exam.

Advertisement