Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice jackets for men

• 22-03-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent jacket for men? Im 33 and Im finding it very hard to shop for a nice jacket for going out etc. You cant seem to buy anything thats not for old people or teens. I dont ever see jack and jones jackets about any more, they used to have nice ones, I guess there are plenty options online but Im afraid of sizing, Id be a L to XL depending on the brand. So can anyone help me out? Even with online stuff, I looked at the north face jackets but they arent really going out jackets. What about superdry? Some people think they are chavvy then you see.. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

I bought one of these in shopping centre in the north recently. I looked it up and found a link .

http://www.next.co.uk/x51474s6#

Big thumbs up from the girlfriend.So I guess I'd recommend it and it's comfortable and inexpensive.

I dread clothes shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

cat320 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent jacket for men? Im 33 and Im finding it very hard to shop for a nice jacket for going out etc. You cant seem to buy anything thats not for old people or teens. I dont ever see jack and jones jackets about any more, they used to have nice ones, I guess there are plenty options online but Im afraid of sizing, Id be a L to XL depending on the brand. So can anyone help me out? Even with online stuff, I looked at the north face jackets but they arent really going out jackets. What about superdry? Some people think they are chavvy then you see.. :confused:

For jackets I generally would recommend a Gant or Ralph Lauren one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Also, check out Ted Baker's range of jackets if you want something smart yet casual:

http://www.tedbaker.com/men%27s/men%27s_clothing/jackets_+_coats/list.aspx

I think SuperDry look a bit too functional for going out at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cat320

Many thanks for the replies..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Best menswear have some good smart jackets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I've gotten a few nice jackets in Zara over the years. They can do decent casual leather jackets that are good for going out at night but also for general day wear and do not look "too young" like some other types of jackets. Some of their styles can be a little extreme but others (the ones I would choose) are more mainstream looking and price friendly.

Advertisement