Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aldi car radio

Options
  • 20-06-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, thinking of buying this radio for my car, I like the way it has a SD support and you can hook the Ipod up to it. Im just wondering do any of you have any experience with Aldi/Tevion car radios before? Do ye reckon its a good deal? Thanks in advance.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2867_6198.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

First of all I have no experience with that radio, but, I have bought Tevion branded stuff before and can't say a bad word about it.

The beautiful thing about Aldi[&Lidl] if ya don't like it ya can bring it back and get a refund, no questions asked ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

I have almost the exact same radio & never had any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Cheers lads, Ill give it a go sure you cant go wrong with a 3 year warranty anyways I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

If you're planning on huge volumes and clear crisp sounds like you'd get on a home system then forgrt it. But if you just want to listen to something while driving then these are a grand jobbie. I got something similiar in maplins for 60 quid, not looking for a fantastic eardrum pierceing sound, just something to fill the hole in the dash, look good and able to play from usb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

I dont have this radio, however my head unit has a 3.5mm aux in jack at the front too though, and its actually the reason i bought it. To plug in the mp3 player. However having a lead hanging from your radio isnt the most tidy looking thing and i never bothered with it.

Although it depends on your car layout, my radio is high up on the dash. But if its fairly low down and you have a cubby hole or arm rest to stick the mp3 player in, then it wouldnt be as bad.

Alot of headunits have a aux in on the rear as well, friend took a lead from his and put it in the glove box, the mp3 plays sits in there and no lead visable. But its also long enough so you can take it out and select the album you want or what ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement