Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice please

Options
  • 19-06-2008 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Ok, im lookin to sell an alpha romeo tspark 156, 2002, only a few scratches, has a small engine problem at the moment, something to do with a throttle motor thingy.
    i want to get rid of it and buy something thats more enviromentally friendly.
    however, the car has about 110,000 miles on it.

could anyone tell me approx how much id get for it?

Im not so good with cars, so dumb it down please??

thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

20 euro for the can of petrol. and matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭do you love it?

Martron wrote: »
    20 euro for the can of petrol. and matches

not really the type of advice i was hoping for

was kidding go to www.carzone.ie . go to advanced search , then type in your car with all the details. leaving out the engine trouble!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

• Advertisement

sorry about that. thing about alphas is they have horrendous resale. look sweet though

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I reckon that a 2002 Alfa (not Alpha) Romeo 156 with that mileage will fetch about €2.5k. If the timing belt needs changing (every 36k miles) you may have to factor that into the asking price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd repair the engine fault first - nobody's going to pay much for the car if it's not running properly. Try Gerry at TI Autos if you're in Dublin, he's very good and not too expensive.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

The thing your looking for is proberly the throttle motor, we have it in stock here the kit fix, its 241.82 plus vat for the part!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1.6 models tend to make more than 1.8, and 1.8 more than 2.0. don't know where you're getting your figures Mike.

• Advertisement

look everyone stop quoting what you read off autotrader and carzone to sound like you are all smart.

i gave the link.
    end of.
    its not rocket science to find the price of a car.

look everyone stop quoting what you read off autotrader and carzone to sound like you are all smart.

i gave the link.
    end of.

How does a linking to a carzone list of what people want for 2002 156 models ranging from €2,950 to €9,000 give a definitive answer? (granted, they're not worth anything near 9k!) and what's with the attitude?

no attitude you have read me wrong. just that people keep giving prices within the range of the prices displyed on the website which i have linked. that website displays a good broad range of prices from the best to the worst. thus giving the OP a good idea of price achievable for the car. now my point is that either people have not bother reading the link that i have bothered getting or have assumed the OP have not read that link.

i apoligise for any projected attitude but its the way i saw it.

No worries,

Bazz26's price is bang on, assuming it's a 1.6, (less for 1.8 or 2.0 models) the OP didn't specify. there was only 1 other post that mentioned specific (and completely unrealistic) prices.

Its an alpha...... you accelerate hard and 5 euro falls off the price. sweet lookin car but they have the resale value of an inflatable dart board. especially with such high mileage

But at the end of the day over price it.... there will always be an ass for that seat!!

not quite. the shine has gone off 156s, and there are plenty of them about. the only way to get calls is to advertise it cheaply. especially with 110000 miles on the clock!

It's hard enough to get decent money for low mileage straight cars these days, a high miler Italian car is saleproof unless keenly priced.

yeah what i meant is price it at the higher end of your price bracket somone will buy it. 156 suffered from the fleet syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

i gave the link.
    end of.
    It's not rocket science to spell the name of the car either, it's Alfa Romeo.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

yeah what i meant is price it at the higher end of your price bracket somone will buy it. 156 suffered from the fleet syndrome.

You don't really know anything about ALFA ROMEO!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement