Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peugeot 307 Fuel Consumption

Options
  • 01-04-2015 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Planning on buying the 307 model, 1.4 petrol in terms of fuel is it very economical for distances 15km to work and 15km back? Let me know thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Which version of the 1.4 as there were a few? Early versions only had 75bhp but were then replaced with a newer engine with 90bhp. I think circa 2003 was around the changeover year for the engines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

bazz26 wrote: »
    Which version of the 1.4 as there were a few? Early versions only had 75bhp but were then replaced with a newer engine with 90bhp. I think circa 2003 was around the changeover year for the engines.

I think the 75bhp alright , yeah the ones i'm looking at are around 02.

The 75bhp is very underpowered. 90bhp is much better. Reliability was also patchy on the 307, early ones were hit and miss around electrics. A 02 at this stage would want to be mint for me to consider one. I'd rather a similar Ford Focus to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

bazz26 wrote: »
    The 75bhp is very underpowered. 90bhp is much better. Reliability was also patchy on the 307, early ones were hit and miss around electrics. A 02 at this stage would want to be mint for me to consider one. I'd rather a similar Ford Focus to be honest.

Oh right anyway do you think this car is worth the price? Thanks for your info!!
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9051723

Hard to tell from the photos but I wouldn't hold much hope in a €1350 13 year old 307. Take it this way, there is not alot of profit for dealers selling cars in that price range so don't expect much in the way of warranty or come back from them. That car was probably just taken in as a trade-in and at that price it is very unlikely the dealer will spend much or any money on it for resale.

You would be better off buying privately in that price range. At the very least the person selling it most likely has been the owner who knows the car and isn't just trying to flip it over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement