Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre to FÁS Finglas - Which bus?

Options
  • 04-02-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

which bus fro city centre to Fas in finglas please. Looking for one which go right past if possible. Or directions fro the nearest one.
    Where do I get the bus( in front of such and such etc)
    Any Help Please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I know for sure the 140 goes close enough to it. There are others like the 19 I think but 140 closest. It goes from rathmines - finglas. O'Connell street would be where you get it. Look on Dublin bus website for exact routing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The number 9 or 83/a to Jamestown Rd, Finglas Business Park will leave you closest to the FÁS training centre.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/9/

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/83/

You can get either bus from Westmoreland street at the junction with Fleet street and when you get off the bus at finglas business park go further on to the next roundabout and take the right turn and the training centre is just past the roundabout on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You actually have a choice of the 9, 83 or 140 - all of them take you to the same roundabout (although the 140 approaches it from the opposite direction).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

140 would be the quickest and most direct from town. It's also generally more frequent. The 83 and the 9 go around the estates a bit before hitting the Jamestown roundabout, the 140 would get there quicker IMO.

Your best place to get the bus is the stop on Westmoreland St just outside Subway. At that stop both the 140 and 83 pick up. In my experience the 83 takes about 5/6 minutes longer than the 140 to get to the Jamestown roundabout. So look up at the electronic sign and if there's an 83 arriving more than 5 minutes before a 140 then get on the 83, otherwise wait for the 140.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

140 without a doubt. It's the quickest and approaches it from the opposite direction but leaves you with an equal distance of a walk to the fas centre as the others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement