Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Be Club

Options
  • 26-06-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Why does Bus Eireann's discount club give discounts off their bus travel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

because that's what it was set-up for?

I would assume it's a loyalty thing, like any company would do to encourage/reward customers for buying it's products on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Why wouldn't it?

It's actually quite good, I buy a 10-journey ticket weekly and over the past few months have amassed over €30 worth of points... worth signing up for. Even if you don't want to use it on some of the vouchers available you can redeem it against future ticket purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

Can you redeem them against ticket purchases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Adrian4 wrote: »
    Can you redeem them against ticket purchases?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

How can you convert Be points to bus tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Once you've built up enough points to cover the cost of the ticket you are buying, when you go to purchase it online the option to use your BE points will be given. You can't miss the notification box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IRELANDSELITE

How many points do u need for it to go towards a ticket???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Copyerselveson

It doesn't specify points being converted into tickets or how many like i asked! its just about the 5eur off on your first BE purchase and the 1000eur cash prize!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ailbheg

How many points do u need for it to go towards a ticket???

It depends on the ticket.
    Taking Dublin to Celbridge as an example (going with a child's ticket here, as I had to try find something that cost less than the points I have).

Online price is €2.18 (with 5% discount), so price on the bus will be €2.30.
    Points required to buy ticket: 230 - so from the looks of things, it's one point per cent for the fare you would pay on the bus.

Hope that makes sense.

• Advertisement

ailbheg wrote: »
    It depends on the ticket.
    Taking Dublin to Celbridge as an example (going with a child's ticket here, as I had to try find something that cost less than the points I have).

Online price is €2.18 (with 5% discount), so price on the bus will be €2.30.
    Points required to buy ticket: 230 - so from the looks of things, it's one point per cent for the fare you would pay on the bus.

Hope that makes sense.

yea that makes perfect sense. i was just wondering was there a conversion table because ive almost 1000 points and when i go to the list of vouchers i can avail of, there is nothing there and nowhere, that i can find where i can use my points on a ticket.

yea that makes perfect sense. i was just wondering was there a conversion table because ive almost 1000 points and when i go to the list of vouchers i can avail of, there is nothing there and nowhere, that i can find where i can use my points on a ticket.

Don't think there it, but you should be able to get any ticket online that would cost €10 or less on the bus/from the ticket office, assuming that it's one point per cent.

If you have enough points to purchase a ticket, when you get to the pay screen in the online tickets section, there will be an option to use them.

ailbheg wrote: »
    Don't think there it, but you should be able to get any ticket online that would cost €10 or less on the bus/from the ticket office, assuming that it's one point per cent.

If you have enough points to purchase a ticket, when you get to the pay screen in the online tickets section, there will be an option to use them.

thats the thing, there isnt a option to use the points as i buy the tickets yeno?

It just that the bastards are taking every dime they can get of me for a incredibly unreliable service. so i want to get back as much as i can.

thats the thing, there isnt a option to use the points as i buy the tickets yeno?

It just that the bastards are taking every dime they can get of me for a incredibly unreliable service. so i want to get back as much as i can.

As far as I know, you can only use the points for a full purchase.

In the end it's going to work out the same if you buy your ticket online every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Copyerselveson

What's a ticket yeno?

Honestly you might be better off calling BE direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I ended up getting a free ticket every 10 weeks. [Was buying a ten journey from Newbridge to Dublin].

Advertisement