Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheaper insurance?

Options
  • 21-04-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hey people so i got a quote which is reasonable enough but just seeing can i do better i am 18 first insurance no experience the quote is 1700 on a 1.4 octavia any ideas on what companies that might do it for less i dont really want to pay more than 1500 but i shall see how things go:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

If you ask me, you're doing well already, most times for someone you're age its over 2000, is it your own insurance or are you named?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭the irish fella

If you ask me, you're doing well already, most times for someone you're age its over 2000, is it your own insurance or are you named?
    ya i know its fairly good cant blame me for trying to get it cheaper thoughha it will be my own insurance tp/ft car valued at 2500

ya i know its fairly good cant blame me for trying to get it cheaper thoughha it will be my own insurance tp/ft car valued at 2500

My insurance on my own name was 1900 the first time, sure ring a few brokers and whatnot and if they cant get any lower go with that one

If you go into axa and say you're a student, which I presume you are, they might get it lower, that's whats I'm on, but they look for proof of this I think

My insurance on my own name was 1900 the first time, sure ring a few brokers and whatnot and if they cant get any lower go with that one

If you go into axa and say you're a student, which I presume you are, they might get it lower, that's whats I'm on, but they look for proof of this I think
    haha axa quoted me 4000 as a student and they quoted me 3500 last year

haha axa quoted me 4000 as a student and they quoted me 3500 last year

:O screw that! Who quoted you the 1700?

• Advertisement

:O screw that! Who quoted you the 1700?
    britton quoted 1700 chill were 1900 but they were very eager to get me and said they would come down a few hundred britton quoted me 2400 last year

britton quoted 1700 chill were 1900 but they were very eager to get me and said they would come down a few hundred britton quoted me 2400 last year

Well like I said, if you ring around again and get even a hundred lower go with it, bit as far as I can see, you're doing extremely well with 1700

Well like I said, if you ring around again and get even a hundred lower go with it, bit as far as I can see, you're doing extremely well with 1700
    yep all the others and 2200-8000 ha

yep all the others and 2200-8000 ha

The brother is in the same boat, I'm selling him my car as soon as he gets a decent quote from someone, but it's looking like he'l need his full license first

The brother is in the same boat, I'm selling him my car as soon as he gets a decent quote from someone, but it's looking like he'l need his full license first
    britton quotedevil or llyods are the best i am looking for a car meself one thats not falling apart seems they are hard to find

• Advertisement

britton quotedevil or llyods are the best i am looking for a car meself one thats not falling apart seems they are hard to find

Never a truer word said, it'l be worth all the looking in the end though

Never a truer word said, it'l be worth all the looking in the end though
    sure to be honest i dont need a car at all i just want experience to get a full lincense for when i do ..they are fierce strict on the driving with no full driver so i want a full lincense for when i get a job like

sure to be honest i dont need a car at all i just want experience to get a full lincense for when i do ..they are fierce strict on the driving with no full driver so i want a full lincense for when i get a job like

You're better off having it really

You're better off having it really
    i know ya i am really not gone on the wasting all the money idea when i dont need the car tho ha

Advertisement