Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desire HD Car Charger

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I thought the hd uses micro usb...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 No 7

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I thought the hd uses micro usb...

I haven't got the phone yet so i don't know, if the HD is micro usb then i guess the mini is no good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,278 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No 7 wrote: »
    I haven't got the phone yet so i don't know, if the HD is micro usb then i guess the mini is no good?

Desire HD, annoyingly, uses micro USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 No 7

I knew it was to good to be true, thanks all for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

well all is not completely lost, you could just get an adapter like this or even this

edit: then again, you could just get this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭DaSchmo

Honestly don't bother getting anything but the HTC charger for the DHD - anything else will only charge at half the power and the battery will actually drain if you are using GPS etc.

I say this from experience. Spend the €20 on the HTC one, the others are a waste of time. Don't have a link but I remember looking up the reason for this on XDA and apparently it has to do with there being a pin on the HTC micro USB wires which allows the charger to work propperly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

DaSchmo wrote: »
    Honestly don't bother getting anything but the HTC charger for the DHD - anything else will only charge at half the power and the battery will actually drain if you are using GPS etc.

I say this from experience. Spend the €20 on the HTC one, the others are a waste of time. Don't have a link but I remember looking up the reason for this on XDA and apparently it has to do with there being a pin on the HTC micro USB wires which allows the charger to work propperly.

i find that very hard to believe....

I have use official chargers and htc chargers on my hero. No difference.

The special pin for the dhd car charger is apparently for the phone to recognize it is part of the car kit and automatically so it will automatically enter "car mode" and enable certain things on the phone...like bluetooth and that car dock app thingy.

I just received my non htc charger for my DHD today. didnt get a chance to test it out but im sure it will work just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Most cheap chargers are 300mA or 500mA
    The HTC one is 1A, so it will charge twice as quick as a 500mA or 3 times quicker than a 300mA

Don't get me wrong! I'm not into this rubbish that you have to use a specific charger (or battery for that matter) to work your phone properly, but in this case, the charging times are where you gain

Having said that, if you can get ANY micro usb charger rated 5v and 1A, it will charge as quick as the HTC one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭memaul

any chance anyone knows where i would get a genuine htc desire hd car charger at a decent price. i had a look on ebay and there is plenty of cheap chargers but most of them dont say if they are 1A or not. i'm going to be using the sat nav in the car so i want to make sure its getting a proper charge.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭seanin4711

anything less it will be one step forward two back ie (500milliamp) waste of time!!!

• Advertisement

i see a 2amp car charger on ebay, would this be good or should i try and get a 1 amp charger

Have a 1amp car charger and just about charges it,go get the 2amp.
    Probably cheap prc but should do the job.
    Data cables from deal extreme are cyesp but hit and miss.
    Bought two one crapped itself,other working fine.

cheers sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Have a 1amp car charger and just about charges it,go get the 2amp.
    Probably cheap prc but should do the job.
    Data cables from deal extreme are cyesp but hit and miss.
    Bought two one crapped itself,other working fine.

doubling the ampage on any electrical device IS NOT GOOD ADVICE,

The standard wall charger for the desire is rated and 1A, its like that for a reason as that is the way it was designed.

Alas if you like replacing the battery or phones board, go ahead pump twice its current rating right in there. See how long it lasts....

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Bought genuine HTC car charger on amazon for about 12 gbp plus p&p.is perfect.got a so-called universal one from 3 but didn't say what amps it produced so wouldn't chance it. Most HTC accessories seem easiest got on amazon

listermint wrote: »
    doubling the ampage on any electrical device IS NOT GOOD ADVICE,

The standard wall charger for the desire is rated and 1A, its like that for a reason as that is the way it was designed.

Alas if you like replacing the battery or phones board, go ahead pump twice its current rating right in there. See how long it lasts....

I had my concerns but i thought it may be fine!
    apologies!
    err on the side of caution and get the 1amp!
    slan
    s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Advertisement