Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook for android not Loading

Options
  • 05-10-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Anyone else having issues with the wall or news feed on fb for android app not loading? Still getting notifacations and all just wont load app (seems to be just ppls walls and the news feed) I just get, "an error occured while loading this page"?

Running Android 2.3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Ive given up on facebook app for android. It just keeps force on closing me. I use the normal web link.j

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It's very buggy. Impressively poor given the scale of the company involved. It is improving though, slowly.

Things like clicking twice, going back and trying a second time, etc, usually work for me. I'd still take the app over the mobile website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

M.Facebook.com for me. Don't like any of the Facebook apps. Friendcaster pro for uploading pics and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I have noticed since the last update that the app is pretty poor alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Not getting any notifications at all. What are the other app options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

They posted an update this morning with bug fixes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Anyone else not able to upload YouTube clips?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Is it possible to get the badge notification on the App with facebook on android?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I agree that since the last update it's been terrible.

When I used to get to the bottom of my status updates, it would take a second to load, then continue as normal. Now when it loads, it goes back to the very top of the updates and you have to scroll the whole way back down. Minor problem but a big pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

nicklauski wrote: »
    I agree that since the last update it's been terrible.

When I used to get to the bottom of my status updates, it would take a second to load, then continue as normal. Now when it loads, it goes back to the very top of the updates and you have to scroll the whole way back down. Minor problem but a big pain in the hole.

Yeh mine started with that, now it just wont load at all. Wont load news feed, or walls.

I do think its weird i still get the notifacations from the app. and can go onto friends info screens. Terrible for it to be such dirt.

• Advertisement

Have you tried clearing the cache?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

nicklauski wrote: »
    Now when it loads, it goes back to the very top of the updates and you have to scroll the whole way back down. Minor problem but a big pain in the hole.

Had the same problem, drives me nuts.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Have you tried clearing the cache?

I have yeh, and installed newest update yesterday and uninstalled all updates today. It wouldnt annoy me as much if it never worked but it did and was nice and handy with tagging and places/pics etc.

I know what yee mean about just using the browser, just grates on me that the bloody thing wont work.

I have yeh, and installed newest update yesterday and uninstalled all updates today. It wouldnt annoy me as much if it never worked but it did and was nice and handy with tagging and places/pics etc.

I know what yee mean about just using the browser, just grates on me that the bloody thing wont work.

I had the same issue about a month ago. Cleared cache, uninstalled all updates, turned off phone, re-installed latest update & it was slow to start up, but it has worked fine since...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I had the same issue about a month ago. Cleared cache, uninstalled all updates, turned off phone, re-installed latest update & it was slow to start up, but it has worked fine since...

No harm in me giving it a go, i havent reinstalled new updates yet.

Edit : did that, it worked for all of five minutes, Jasus it really is one peicea Dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

facebook for android is awful

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Tried using it once, found it a pain to navigate through. I thought the only upside to it was viewing pictures at better sizes, as opposed to on the mobile site where they are literally squashed.

Advertisement