Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Points Prediction!

Options
  • 28-06-2016 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Do any engineering hopefuls out there want to try and predict what the points will be this year for say, UCD, Trinity and DIT?

UCD is my first choice and I hope to get about 600 in the LC so should I be ok considering the points are supposed to increase, and they were about 510 last year?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The chances of it jumping 90 points in one year when it is already quite high are pretty much non-existant, so even if your prediction for your own LC performance is a bit high, you should have plenty of wriggle-room.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Do any engineering hopefuls out there want to try and predict what the points will be this year for say, UCD, Trinity and DIT?

UCD is my first choice and I hope to get about 600 in the LC so should I be ok considering the points are supposed to increase, and they were about 510 last year?

Thanks!
    I'm going with 525-530 this year, i think I got about 600 too so I might there haha

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭nandoslover

adam240610 wrote: »
    I'm going with 525-530 this year, i think I got about 600 too so I might there haha

Yeah I can't imagine reaching the high 500s never mind 600 lol. Are you going for UCD engineering too?

Yeah I can't imagine reaching the high 500s never mind 600 lol. Are you going for UCD engineering too?
    Yeah I've ucd first, backup of trinity then dit. I believe I got borderline between A1 and A2 in most subjects so it could vary by like forty points depending on marking schemes from the top :P

Yeah I've ucd first, backup of trinity then dit. I believe I got borderline between A1 and A2 in most subjects so it could vary by like forty points depending on marking schemes from the top :P

Yeah I'm the same :) some silly mistakes on maths paper 2 could bring me down to a B but everything else hopefully an A. What have you got down generally on the rest of your CAO if you don't mind me asking? And have you looked into what branch of engineering you want to go into? :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm the same :) some silly mistakes on maths paper 2 could bring me down to a B but everything else hopefully an A. What have you got down generally on the rest of your CAO if you don't mind me asking? And have you looked into what branch of engineering you want to go into? :)

Probably electrical but I'm going in with an open mind. Have science and maths and physics and whatnot but theres no way I can get them due to them being behind dit engineering haha.

Yourself?

Probably electrical but I'm going in with an open mind. Have science and maths and physics and whatnot but theres no way I can get them due to them being behind dit engineering haha.

Yourself?

Of course :) although I've heard DIT Engineering is quite good! I was looking into either chemical, mechanical or electrical but yeah open mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭damemcd

You guys should maybe practice a bit of humility with your 600 points talk, I'm sure there are prospective eng. Students reading this who are seriously worried about scraping in on lower points and could do without reading about your....

Triggered

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭damemcd

Good man, put away your physics books there and look up empathy in your dictionary.

• Advertisement

In all seriousness I do sincerely hope as many of the fellow people on this forum do get the course they want, I'd say most that browse this will get it in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Well it was 500 in 2015 and has been steadily going up by 10/15 every few years so probably 510/515. Though maybe not, the rises might die down a bit next year.

Advertisement