Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defer Masters

Options
  • 08-03-2015 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

I'm currently in the process of applying for a masters at UL and I have reached the interview stage. If I were to secure a place I may have to defer for a year due to financial reasons. Anybody know if this would be possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 themerovingian

siobhan08 wrote: »
    I'm currently in the process of applying for a masters at UL and I have reached the interview stage. If I were to secure a place I may have to defer for a year due to financial reasons. Anybody know if this would be possible?

It depends on the head of the course as far as I know. I defered mine last year as long as I got the go ahead from the head of the course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

It depends on the head of the course as far as I know. I defered mine last year as long as I got the go ahead from the head of the course!

Ok so the course director looks over your deferral request and decided whether to grant it. Its one of those professional maters of education that I'm looking at.
    Would financial reasons be considered a sufficient enough to be granted a deferral would you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 themerovingian

siobhan08 wrote: »
    Ok so the course director looks over your deferral request and decided whether to grant it. Its one of those professional maters of education that I'm looking at.
    Would financial reasons be considered a sufficient enough to be granted a deferral would you know?

I'm not too sure really to be honest. The way it went for me was I got a job so I emailed the course head told him I got a job and I wanted to gain some experience before I did the masters so he had me email some lady within the department with my request She then sent the course head an email asking him to approve my request which he did. I would imagine financial reasons would be accepted but then again I wouldn't know. Hope it goes well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

Ok bumbing this thread because I've just found out I've been accepted into the course so I'm definitely going to look for a deferral. My deferral would be on the grounds of financial and also I'm going to work abroad over the summer and I've been asked to stay on longer so would miss the start of the Course.

How accommodating is UL to deferring a masters and does anybody know of anybody who has had the request turned down ?

Advertisement