Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom stop text messages from home phone from June 2015

Options
  • 25-02-2015 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Just received a letter from Eircom outlining some changes coming soon, mostly cost hikes.

Also they are removing text sending and receiving from landline. This is a disaster for houses with alarms as all alarm detections are sent to me by text message. I'm really annoyed with this. Alarm not much good going off if you don't know about it.

Anyways I was wondering if I switched providers will the text service function with them?

So anyone out there got any ideas.

I had just started to warm to them again. Oh well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I am surprised customers are only getting notification of this now as it has been planned for a while. The best thing you can do for your alarm is get a gsm unit that will use a mobile network instead of a landline to send notifications of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Yeah only got notification today. Cheers on the GSM idea.

Advertisement