Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car with 3 full back seats?

• 28-09-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi!

I am looking for a bit of advice please?

I am thinking of changing my car. I currently have an Avensis which has 2.5 seats in the back.

I need to fit 2 baby seats and an adult in the back, so really need 3 full seats.
    I dont necessarily need a 7 seater but i am looking at the Corolla Verso cos it has a good sized boot when the jump seats are down.

Can any of you good car expert people tell me if there are any other cars i should be looking at?
    I am buying second hand. Hopefully an 08 / 09.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭b318isp

Verso is a good car - and the Ford C-Max is a strong alternative. There is also the Citroen Picasso and Opel Zafira which have different reputations based on engines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

renault grand scenic manages the 3 back seats as well... when turned into a 7 seater, has more boot space than the verso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

b318isp wrote: »
    Verso is a good car - and the Ford C-Max is a strong alternative. There is also the Citroen Picasso and Opel Zafira which have different reputations based on engines.

Neither the C-Max or Zafira have 3 full size individual back seats. The Renault Scenic, Citroen C4 Picasso, Peugeot 5008, VW Touran, etc do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'm pretty sure the S-Max has three full seats in the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭AFK123

While it is 2.5 seats also, my money would be on the kia ceed sw. I have 2 baby seats in the back and can fit all 14 stone of me into the middle and sit there comfortable for a few hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 mimiblossom

Thanks guys!

So looks like the only way to get 3 full back seats is to get a 7 seater???

The Peugeot 5008 only came out in 2010 and it a little above my price range.

I drove my sisters Renault Grand Scenic and didnt really like it.

What i am finding frustrating is that i want a decent boot and 3 full seats. But i dont need a van!!! And i dont want a huge engine. Nothing above a 1.6 petrol.

Most of my driving is local so i dont think i need a diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I can't say for 100% certain, but I seem to recall the Honda Accord is fairly roomy in the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Honda FRV is a six seater afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

Peugeot 308sw. Should be well within budget. Carlike to drive. A decent boot wit the option of two removeable rear seats if required to give you a six or seven sweater. I have a 307 version and its 9 years old with no expensive issues, drives well, takes three car seats or adults in the back with ease and they are cheap. I think the versos are overpriced and over rated. It the toyota name attracting a premium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Thanks guys!

What i am finding frustrating is that i want a decent boot and 3 full seats. But i dont need a van!!! And i dont want a huge engine. Nothing above a 1.6 petrol.

Citroen C4 and the VW Touran come in either 5 or 7 seat versions.
    The Citroen comes with a 1.6HDI engine which is a pleasure to drive and economical..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Thanks guys!

Still a people carrier, but drives very much like a Golf and doesn't feel to huge
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Touran/CONCEPT/201216207837103/advert?channel=CARS

1.4T with 122ps so low tax and low fuel consumption, but decent performace.

7 Seater but 3rd row of seats fold in to the floor, but leaves a huge boot. Plenty big enough for a buggy and other bits and pieces, with a nice low lip for lifting stuff in and out.

2nd row has 3 individual seats, which all slide forwards and backwards independant of each other. You could have the outer seats slid forward for the babies and the middle seat all the way back for the adult. Means the adults shoulders won't be rubbing against the 2 child seats for hours and they'd have plenty of leg room.

Think some of the other small MPV's can do this, but I know the 5008 and C4 Grand Picasso feel massive to drive - Touran feels much more compact.

Wouldn't fancy being inbetween 2 baby seats in the back of any saloon car tbh. 1 baby seat and 2 adults was just about passable in the back of my 5 series when my folks were over a couple of weeks ago.

Advertisement