Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mobile effectively double prices from next month

Options
  • 10-03-2015 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭db

I got the same email so I went looking for other options. It looks like 48 have the best data deal at the moment @ 15GB for €15 per month. The only disadvantage is you can't buy another 15GB if you run out, you pay €3 per 1GB. I suppose you could have a second SIM just in case but it would be a bit awkward. Still, 7.5GB from Tesco is not enough to get me through a month so I will be checking out 48 a bit closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

db wrote: »
    I got the same email so I went looking for other options. It looks like 48 have the best data deal at the moment @ 15GB for €15 per month. The only disadvantage is you can't buy another 15GB if you run out, you pay €3 per 1GB. I suppose you could have a second SIM just in case but it would be a bit awkward. Still, 7.5GB from Tesco is not enough to get me through a month so I will be checking out 48 a bit closer.

I use THREE's 4G "All you can eat" [effectively an 'unlimited' download cap] for €20 a month on top up... Been downloading 80GB of clients and updates over night last night alone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I use THREE's 4G "All you can eat" [effectively an 'unlimited' download cap] for €20 a month on top up... Been downloading 80GB of clients and updates over night last night alone. :pac:

Hopefully you won't get cut off, from three's website: Should your data usage exceed 15GB in a 30 day period and your usage affect other network users, we reserve the right to limit your Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

They won't cut you off I used their all you can eat for years and always went way over 15GB nothing ever happened .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

jay93 wrote: »
    They won't cut you off I used their all you can eat for years and always went way over 15GB nothing ever happened .

I'm doing that now too thanks to the advice of Beerwolf and yourself. Nice one. I wanted to ask though what happens the €20 after the month. It says I have it as a credit balance now does that get reset at the end of the month?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Joshua J wrote: »
    I'm doing that now too thanks to the advice of Beerwolf and yourself. Nice one. I wanted to ask though what happens the €20 after the month. It says I have it as a credit balance now does that get reset at the end of the month?.

No, it stays there until you use it on calls, texts or addons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

WillyFXP wrote: »
    No, it stays there until you use it on calls, texts or addons.

What the........? It's in my router so I'm just using it for data. I'm gonna end up with hundreds of euro doing nothing lol.

Advertisement